Corsair Community

H100i v2 impressions

Gilgamesh90

I bought my h100i V2 about a month ago to cool my i7-7700K. Now, I get that this chip runs hot, but I was just hoping for a bit cooler on a very slight overclock. I'm running 4.3 base and 4.6 boost, and it maxes out around 80C. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. If so, then it's doing it's job. If not, I'm curious as to what may be the issue.

I'm just wondering if perhaps I should have gone with the h115i for more cooling surface.

I bought my h100i V2 about a month ago to cool my i7-7700K. Now, I get that this chip runs hot, but I was just hoping for a bit cooler on a very slight overclock. I'm running 4.3 base and 4.6 boost, and it maxes out around 80C. I'm not sure if this is normal or not. If so, then it's doing it's job. If not, I'm curious as to what may be the issue.

I'm just wondering if perhaps I should have gone with the h115i for more cooling surface.

Are you getting those temps with regular use or with stressing programs?

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed a H100i V2 yesterday after a pump failure in my 2 year old H100i GTX. So far I am impressed with the cooling capabilities - especially compared to the old cooler which has been giving abnormally high temperatures.

I am running an i7 5960X at stock speeds and voltage on an Asus X99-S motherboard. room temperature is around 22 Celsius.

On booting the machine from cold, I am getting a coolant temperature of around 24.5 Celsius, and processor core temperatures are around 23-24 degrees.

This rises to 27.5 Celsius coolant temp after a couple of hours of use, with processor core temps around 25-27 Celsius. Processor core temperatures are around 23-24 degrees.

Under load (I use a 3D graphics rendering program a lot which uses multi-threading and all cores) I am getting:

Coolant temp: around 29 Celsius.

Processor cores: 40-42 Celsius.

Coming from full load to idle, the cores return to temperatures in the mid-20's within about 10 seconds.

When I was having problems with the old cooler, I spent a lot of time looking for temperatures for this processor at stock speeds with the H100i GTX - almost all Google searches come up with numbers for overclocked systems, so I hope that this information is of some use to anyone with a similar system.

Overall impression of the H100i V2 - very happy with it.

Archived