Corsair Community

Possible stickers shipped upside down on my AX760i?

iMacJaz

Hi everyone,:biggrin:

This is my first post, and glad to be part of the community! :)

So got my brand-new AX760i shipped to my office yesterday (decided to go big:p:), rushed home, and spent a couple hours cable managing my PC...

But I have an issue. the "AX760i" is facing the wrong way? (I have a regular ATX case) See, in the image, I compare my photos, to photos I found on Google images in the next post. I can't seem to rotate the "AX760i" to face upwards, because the "AX760i" sticker on the opposite side is also upside-down. - (haven't got a photo of that side - but trust me, its opposite. Fan up, or fan down.. the logo is upside down.) Note that in my image the fan is up, and exhaust to the back of the case.) - Had a GS600 in there before, and the "GS600" was just fine... maybe I'm not going crazy...lol

Help? I have no idea what to do, and it seems like such a petty reason return it - (the PSU itself runs incredibly!) but I have a clear window in my PC unfortunately (hence the hours of cable management;):) and its looking pretty funny in there...:confused:

And no ways, I've heard fiddling with the stickers voids warranty, so I won't do that.

Is this normal? maybe there are others with this? Maybe Corsair can comment :)

Thanks guys!

Over, and out...

ax760i-in-my-case.thumb.jpg.0c88394f3873df047adc32d726362775.jpg

IMG_2564.thumb.JPG.13e8368a998cd0f9bfd8296ef6b482eb.JPG

753582935_Google-stockphoto.jpg.78ab243f157544b83d9fdf0748939352.jpg

Basically this PSU is for cases with an entire opposite structure, haha imagine that! A right door, and motherboard mounted on the left, a mirrored copy of the I/O and expansion slots. Do we get those? Here are some "normal" 760i's on the web that I've found... Note where the modular ports are...

images.jpg.c90aad05ce6bbdb9220f49f4248c7904.jpg

IMG_3814_1.JPG.305392b9988b36c9daaaec6ca0a7a00b.JPG

I double checked with illustrations of the PSU on Newegg and the sticker in the photos was definitely put on upside down at the factory. I would submit a ticket to Corsair about the issue. Mayhap they will send you some new stickers to put over the old ones instead of having to ship the PSU back. If so, keep copies of all paperwork and messages on this so, if you ever do have to make a warranty claim, you can prove they authorized the new stickers and the claim won't be denied over the stickers.

If so, keep copies of all paperwork and messages on this so, if you ever do have to make a warranty claim, you can prove they authorized the new stickers and the claim won't be denied over the stickers.

Thanks! I shall do that. Hopefully they can just send me some new stickers that I'll place over them. It's pointless shipping back a perfect power supply.

Plus I live in South Africa, so mailing won't be an issue.

If u flip it over and it's right leave it that way. Only reason I'd bother doing anything is if u can get corsair to send u a new sticker. Watch you return it then hey 1 that the sticker right but psu is doa or something lol.

If I flip it over, the sticker on the other side of the PSU is also upside down, I've tried that unforunately... I had the Corsair GS600 with fan face down too, and it was fine. so thus both stickers are wrong...:(:

If u flip it over and it's right leave it that way. Only reason I'd bother doing anything is if u can get corsair to send u a new sticker. Watch you return it then hey 1 that the sticker right but psu is doa or something lol.

lol, that's exactly why I don't want to return it... It's a perfect PSU, 86% efficiency at 10% load... 93% at 50% load... quite awesome. Plus It was shipped to me from a company in Cape Town. About 1200KM away from Johannesburg. I'll be without a computer for a week:(

Archived