Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C7 Windows 7 10GB not 12GB

Zaylril

Hey,

I recently purchased 2x TR3X6G1600C7(6GB) kits and it appears that once I bring the RAM up to 1600MHZ, 2GB is not recognised at POST or in windows 7 64bit and only 10GB is seen, although CPU-Z and other apps such as PCMARK VANTAGE still show 12GB.

However when I bring down the FSB a bit from 160 to 150 so the RAM is 1500 with a 2:10 ratio, then the full 12GB is seen again. I would of gotten a 12GB kit but the retailer I got the RAM from only sold the 6GB with the better timings.

Is it worth taking 6GB out and trying both 2x6GB sets at 1600 and see which shows 4GB @ 1600 and which one is fine and shows 6GB.

It seems to me that it's a dodgy memory stick. Do you recommend to RMA the faulty 6GB Kit?

Cheers

Zay

Ok, so I got the RAM replaced at the place I bought it, and the same thing still occurs, only 10GB shows up not 12gb.

However, when I drop the RAM ratio down so it only runs at I think just under 1300Mhz (CPU at 3.2) all 12GB is detected.

I've been reading a lot about this problem online and some people say reseating the CPU works, but I've done this and it's still the same. I've also tried setting the DIMM and QPI voltages manually, even as high as 1.7 VDIMM and 1.45 for the QPI and most of the time it doesn't POST, or if it does there is still only 10GB shown.

Could it still be the RAM? Or does anyone have any other ideas how to resolve the problem.

Cheers

Archived