Corsair Community

h115i pro rgb fan screws too long !?

alinux

hello

just got my h115i pro rgb today

i tried to mount the fans just like the install manual

the screws for the fans are a bit long.. and they reach the radiator

i only did with 4 screws and and i noticed the fins are bended

should i be worried ? i dont see any leaks or damage to water pipes.

the fins are under the plate of the radiator.

i dont get it why in the install manual it says how to mount and damage the radiator or its normal ?!

any advice would be nice

Capture.JPG.2c44f05f9e4947254c05c521d5bd02fe.JPG

while you are not using the longer 30mm screws to support the radiator, you would in other mounting positions. You have a case thickness of 0mm. Someone else have 3-5mm worth and their’s are too short. The trick to managing it is to use more rubber/silicon washers on the screw head side to effectively shorten the screw. You also could go hunting for 6-32 28mm screws, but it is likely easier and cheaper to grab 8 cheap washers.

while you are not using the longer 30mm screws to support the radiator, you would in other mounting positions. You have a case thickness of 0mm. Someone else have 3-5mm worth and their’s are too short. The trick to managing it is to use more rubber/silicon washers on the screw head side to effectively shorten the screw. You also could go hunting for 6-32 28mm screws, but it is likely easier and cheaper to grab 8 cheap washers.

i found some washers indeed.

but whats done is done..

should i be worried ?

Sorry... forgot that part. Absolutely not. Everyone does this and there are no water channels under there for a reason. If you really look hard, you will find other bent fins on the radiator from the manufacturing process. It has zero effect on cooling. On some really expensive radiators you will see a little metal plate below the screw hole it to prevent this, but it is far from common.

Sorry... forgot that part. Absolutely not. Everyone does this and there are no water channels under there for a reason. If you really look hard, you will find other bent fins on the radiator from the manufacturing process. It has zero effect on cooling. On some really expensive radiators you will see a little metal plate below the screw hole it to prevent this, but it is far from common.

GREAT

Ohh wow.. Thank you so much for your reply <3

Archived