Corsair Community

I have up on Corsair Link with my H100i Unit

russiandivxclub

After around 12 Months of getting my brand new X99 system build I am giving up on complete waste of time called Corsair Link. (Please let me explain)

Situation: Brand new system with freshly installed Windows 7 * on clean Win8 install) All drivers are installed, Windows update no longer require any updates, AVR software not installed yet so no "Oh it's antivirus software blocking" ideas. Basically new system with 0 unwanted programs with latest driver off manufacture web site (in my case it was ASUS for X99 Deluxe).

As you can imagine all this time system is running with H100i already in and operating perfectly from BIOS for fan control. So my next step was to install Corsair Link software. After installation, reboot and .... nothing. Hardware not detected. No matter what I did nothing worked. Uninstall / Reinstall, nothing worked. So after reading some stuff I finally managed to get it to show. I had to remove USB cable from internal motherboard port WHILE computer is on. After I removed it I heard USB device removed windows sound so I knew it was connected properly first time around. Once I plugged it in Corsair Link finally managed to see it. After I managed to see all ins and outs I closed it but I changed color on the block. After only few days of using it, same thing happened device not there ..... so instead of going back inside and to reinsert trick I simply uninstalled Corsair Link.

Few months have passed I decided to Update to Windows 8 and ...same thing basically happened. just this time I decided to say "Hell may be it's my port ?" (It wasn't it has been 7 months my front panel connected to that port now and everything is just fine) So yeah, in and out tricked worked again for few days. Device no longer there once again.

So the way I see it, only reason to keep this garbage installed is to change color on the cooling block. THAT'S IT. Now reason I writing here is to ask one simple thing. When Corsair Link Software program H100i to let's say be a specific color does it needs to be installed after that or I can set color and uninstall damn thing like it never happened ? And also because I work mostly in Ubuntu it'll be nice if it's program and forget type of setup because sure thing corsair wont make Corsair Link for Linux. As I See nice people on this forum working on this for a while now: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120092&page=11

But Corsair instead of helping out just like with Windows simply ignoring us.

So yeah back to the subject. Because CL is useless for everything except color changing I'd love to know if I can change color once and for all and let it be and also what is happening why Corsair still hasn't corrected problem ? And it's not just me cause some fauly hardware do happens I See a lot of people with same problem.

Corsair you have amazing hardware and I do love your products I have PSU AX series, your H100i and very expensive Dominator Platinum DDR4 16GB 2800Mhz RAM kit.

For the H100i you can set the colour once and it will stick, however there is a firmware bug so you need to set similar to 255,1,1 rather than 255,0,0. In general do not specify 0.

Have you done the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled kluge?

I too gave up on CL software and developed my own CL hardware control software. I just wish I could do the same for the CL firmware!

Archived