Corsair Community

CUE v2.15.83 is now Live!

• Corsair Employee

Hi all,

CUE v2.15.83 has now been released to the public and is available on our website as well as the live update in the software. Here are the patch notes as well as a direct URL for downloading.

Link: http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/CUE/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.15.83_release.msi

• Resolved an issue where profiles and profile folders can disappear if CUE is forcibly shutdown.
  • Resolved an issue with inconsistent number and symbols on certain regional layouts.
  • Resolved a rare instance where a Blue Screen can happen with the installation of CUE's virtual input driver.
  • Improved how Action and Lighting Library is presented.
  • Windows Lock Key will now show the correct assigned color when CUE isn't running when static lighting is saved to the device. This will require a future firmware update to all keyboard devices (Except K55 and K95 RGB Platinum).
  • Various other minor bugs and issues.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Corsair Employee
Is there some technical issue stopping you from adding auto mode switching (basic/Advanced) with profile changes?

Yes there is. Unfortunately basic/advanced was built around it being a global setting in the software. Profiles is on a level below that so it isn't possible at the moment to link them.

I cannot get this to install no matter what. At first it tried to uninstall the previous version, got to 12%, then hung my computer, had to hard restart.

Second attempt, same problem.

I then uninstalled v 2.14 via the Control Panel Programs

Got halfway through installing 2.15 then it hung at 59% install

Windows 10 64bit

OK, i've tested this installer on my online W10 laptop. Installs no problem, but does take a while once it gets to 59% Intalling Driver, however it manages to get past that part and installs successfully. On my audio PC it constantly sticks at 59%

Ok, so i tried copying the Corsair Engine folder from my laptop where CUE 2.15 successfully installed and pasted into my audio PC where CUE won't install.

Initially i thought it was successful. I launched the EXE and everything appeared fine, however when trying to use the keyboard shortcuts mapped to the keys,nothing worked.

Very frustrating and now i cannot re-install version 2.14 so i'm left in limbo.

I'm running the Windows Insider builds.

The install went fine, completed successfully.

But, it wiped out my Nvidia drivers completely.

I had to reboot twice, and then reinstall the drivers (as the install failed after the first reboot).

This is not normal and quite possible others have experienced the same issue.

Install of 2.15.83 went without problems. As installation finished, checkbox to open CUE upon installation program exit. CUE opens and device lighting for K70 RGB and Scimitar RGB appear correctly but macros for Scimitar mouse don't work. Tried reloading saved profiles but still don't work. Eventually I get an error message about the macros from CUE and it advises repair. I used the 2.15.83 install executable to perform repairs and all is well now, even after several restarts and shutdowns.

Note: I did not uninstall previous CUE 2.14 nor did I restart Windows after 2.15 install when I first experienced the macro problems. I only restarted Win 10 build 1607 after the CUE install program effected repairs.

Tried this 2.15.83 yesterday.

2.14.67 was working fine and then I installed this. After restart my Antec Kuhler couldn't find it's usb connection, which is pretty serious.

Fixed by using a restore point and then repairing 2.14

Ok, so i tried copying the Corsair Engine folder from my laptop where CUE 2.15 successfully installed and pasted into my audio PC where CUE won't install.

Initially i thought it was successful. I launched the EXE and everything appeared fine, however when trying to use the keyboard shortcuts mapped to the keys,nothing worked.

Very frustrating and now i cannot re-install version 2.14 so i'm left in limbo.

try running the 2.15 installer and repairing CUE.

I have updated but all my profiles are disappearing, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and works for a few minutes then all profiles disapper

Even if you hard exit CUE?

Updated to this the other day, and it completely messed up my audio drivers.... people on calls were saying my voice sounded slowed down and pitched down, other programs would refuse to find an audio device at all... Downgrading back made everything work again. Hopefully this is cleared up in the next update.

• Corsair Employee
Updated to this the other day, and it completely messed up my audio drivers.... people on calls were saying my voice sounded slowed down and pitched down, other programs would refuse to find an audio device at all... Downgrading back made everything work again. Hopefully this is cleared up in the next update.

We didn't change anything with the audio driver. Im curious why this occurred.

try running the 2.15 installer and repairing CUE.

Even if you hard exit CUE?

Yes I have now uninstalled CUE reinstalled, profiles still gone no lights for keyboard at all now and the Corsair headset quit working every time I try to select it as default device I get a windows error saying the enhanced features are causing issues Corsair mouse has lights working, I am hoping I don't have to roll back everything

• Corsair Employee
Yes I have now uninstalled CUE reinstalled, profiles still gone no lights for keyboard at all now and the Corsair headset quit working every time I try to select it as default device I get a windows error saying the enhanced features are causing issues Corsair mouse has lights working, I am hoping I don't have to roll back everything

Can I get an error message screenshot, and can you also show me if there are any errors in your device manager?

I also ran into issues after the update... Strafe disconnecting from CUE and my Polaris not lighting up at all along with Steam locking up..

I have narrowed it down to having had my keyboard and Polaris plugged into the Gaming Device ports 'red' usb sockets on the back of my MSI gaming motherboard!.. soon as i stopped using those sockets for my corsair products all returned to normal.. infact better than normal.. other issues have gone such as LINK locking up! and the usb disconnect sound on start up.....

"Text Mode" in Actions seems to play differently in Outlook in this version.

Different results in Notepad for what it is worth.

In my instance, I have an action that types a Heading into draft emails in outlook and it goes like this:

From Eric

To

Cc

Bcc Eric

The heading is a specific number of chars and structure so that other macros can erase it and copy the lines into the actual to, cc and bcc lines when it is ready to send. The issue with this cue version is within outlook I am getting un-recognized character question mark box when the enter key is sent from Cue. So my Text Action ends up looking like this:

From Eric[?]To [?]CC [?]Bcc Eric[?][?]

where [?] is the unrecognized character that should be enter. I'd blame outlook, but this worked fine in the previous beta and I can tell you more interestingly when I re-define the action in Cue, typing the same exact thing into the software, it works fine, but only until i restart the computer, then the same behavior was exhibited. As I am typing this post, I just redefined the action in a new action to see if that would help. I need to restart to be sure it works, but it did save the appropriate behavior and worked after a reboot of Cue. Perhaps the character for the enter key is not the same in the cueprofile between these betas or the send implementation has changed.

I updated to 2.15 and now my corsair void mic is ****ed up on any steam game. It works fine in other apps but I simply cant use my mic on steam/csgo. It sounds robotic or like some people said "like a demon"

I have other USB/3.5mm headsets and they're all working fine on steam. I wish you guys can fix it soon... I love my void tbh and I don't really want to use my old gears.

This piece of trash caused the first BSOD I have had on windows 10 ever. It froze my computer at 59% of installing it. Had to hard restart and on each restart a new BSOD with message saying corsairVbusdriver.sys was causing the issue. The only fix was to use a restore point that rolled my PC back to before I tried to install this newest update.

This is unacceptable that a driver for something like this can freeze a whole system... Ive has win10 since the beginning, nothing has done this to it for me and I have tons of stuff plugged in and do everything on this PC.

i7 6800K

GTX 1080

32GB RAM

How do you make this crap program crash our systems like this, every update theres some other problem, its close to enough to make me want to sell my corsair keyboard, rgb mousepade and headset, I am thinking about it bigtime after this.

What is the problem with the people that make this?

I installed the new CUE today and at 59% the installation froze, then I did a hard restart, it came up with a BSOD saying that corsairVbusdriver.sys cause the error. I couldnt even boot in safe mode and after 10 more reboots same BSOD message. I never had a single BSOD on win10 til now and i used it since before official release.

I was forced to use a restore point that luckily booted me back into my system with no errors.

However, when i tried to open the CUE software by clicking on it in the the bottom right taskbar, the progam will not open or do anything, right click nothing. ended task on it and started it up, same problem so no way to enter settings.

So...I unintsalled CUE now and am scared to install it since the new version did this to me. What is the problem with this software? When will they have a new one without this problem?

I am really angry about this and want this fixed(a new version or something). I have your keyboard, headset and RGB mousepad. No support and crap CUE every update it has some bugs and now this is the real stinger.

Archived