Corsair Community

Auto Switching Profile

fyew-jit-tiv

Auto switching profile will not work with multiple monitors set at different resolutions. Can someone report this to corsair software development team so a fix can be released is and when is possible.

Thx.

P.S Should have provided an example....

If I have one monitor plugin into GPU running at 2560x1440 then CUE will handle the profile switch fine. If I have 2 monitors, one running @ 1920 x 1080 and the other @2560x1440 CUE will NOT function a profile switch.

Hope this makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
So I was hoping this latest update would solve this problem.... Clearly NOT. Anyone else come across this? Does anyone from corsair visit these forums?

Corsair reps do visit this forum. I'll check with my roommate to see if he has this issue. He uses a 1920 x 1200 and a 1080p monitor.

EDIT: Neither I nor my roommate experience this problem. I tested using 3 1080p monitors with one set to use a lower resolution. No idea what could be causing this on your end :(

Hey fyew-jit-tiv,

Have you tried this with CUE 1.14.43? I'm trying to replicate with a 1920x1080 and a 1600x900 but I'm unable to. Could you share the profiles that you're experiencing this issue with?

Hi Chris,

This does happens with the latest version 1.14.43 and as for profiles it happens with any profile I assign to a program both new and imported. If I disconnect the monitor I'm running @ 1920x1080 then all profiles work fine. Have your tried 2560x1400 and a 1920x1080 monitors?

Thx

Just to add to this. This problem happens on both my systems (X99-M & X99-E WS) which suggest this isn't a problem with my system as both systems are setup differently (Different GPU, CPU, PSU etc....) with the only common thing between both systems is they both have multiple screens running at different resolutions and both are X99 chipsets.

I got to say Corsair has the WORST tech support ever. I have had a ticket open for 5 days with limited response from Corsair tech support. I reminded them that I have a returns date if I don't get an answer of some kind be it a fix or even a date for a fix.... all they support told me was to RETURN the products. Not even give us a few days to sort the problem out..... Corsair I'm done with your low level tech support. You guys should have stuck to making Chassis... Its about the only thing you produce that doesn't have problems....Bunch of armatures stepping into the gaming industry with sub standard hardware.

Corsair, We have tested this issue and have not been able to replicate it, same as our representative said in your thread. Sorry about the disappointment, but there is nothing we can do.

Let me remind people, this problem I have is on two system using 2 corsair keyboards and mouse. Both systems are setup differently. The only common things shared between system is the same keyboard and mouse, win10 and both boards are X99 chipsets. Clearly there is a problem with the CUE but Corsair say differently. Anyways looks like an RMA.

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue at home, on my fiancée's computer, on my laptop, or on my work PC. I use a Strafe RGB and M65 at work, and even brought them home with me to try them.

I feel like it could be an issue related to a certain combination of softwares you might be using. An anti-virus, for example, might try to block CUE from finding out what program is currently active. Video drivers can do it, too, particularly nVidia ones. If you have anything fancy going on with your video setup, that can cause issues.

Does this issue happen with windowed and fullscreen applications? Does it happen if the application is on one screen or the other? Are the two monitors running different refresh rates? Are they both plugged into the same video card? Are you running CrossFire or SLI?

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue at home, on my fiancée's computer, on my laptop, or on my work PC. I use a Strafe RGB and M65 at work, and even brought them home with me to try them.

I feel like it could be an issue related to a certain combination of softwares you might be using. An anti-virus, for example, might try to block CUE from finding out what program is currently active. Video drivers can do it, too, particularly nVidia ones. If you have anything fancy going on with your video setup, that can cause issues.

Does this issue happen with windowed and fullscreen applications? Does it happen if the application is on one screen or the other? Are the two monitors running different refresh rates? Are they both plugged into the same video card? Are you running CrossFire or SLI?

No fancy changes to system. Not anti virus as I have removed it. No sli. Happens in windowed & full screen. Tried many NVidia drivers. All monitors running at same refresh rate. even tried a fresh install adding no 3rd party software, drivers or hardware. This problem only presents itself with the monitors running at different resolutions. The best bit is this is happening on two different boards running different CPU's and gpu's/ Even the power supplies are different. The only thing in the middle is CUE... And that's where I know the problem stands.

Thanks for feedback

No fancy changes to system. Not anti virus as I have removed it. No sli. Happens in windowed & full screen. Tried many NVidia drivers. All monitors running at same refresh rate. even tried a fresh install adding no 3rd party software, drivers or hardware. This problem only presents itself with the monitors running at different resolutions. The best bit is this is happening on two different boards running different CPU's and gpu's/ Even the power supplies are different. The only thing in the middle is CUE... And that's where I know the problem stands.

Thanks for feedback

There has to be something in your particular case that is causing the problems. Simply blaming CUE isn't sufficient, when I've tried this on four different multi-monitor, multi-resolution setups, and they've tried it as well.

What if you set your bigger monitor to something smaller, like 1920x1200? My dual monitor setup at home is 1920x1080 + 1920x1200. If that works, then it sounds more like a specific resolution combination might be the problem.

There has to be something in your particular case that is causing the problems. Simply blaming CUE isn't sufficient, when I've tried this on four different multi-monitor, multi-resolution setups, and they've tried it as well.

What if you set your bigger monitor to something smaller, like 1920x1200? My dual monitor setup at home is 1920x1080 + 1920x1200. If that works, then it sounds more like a specific resolution combination might be the problem.

Okay so lets just say that there is a res problem.... why is it only cue showing this problem? I am a graphics designer/photographer and use my systems intensively don't you think by now I would have seen evidence that I had some kind of problem within my system. The only software posing any problems in my system is CUE... Cue doesn't do what's its meant to do which in my case the problem stands with CUE. Plus you only goto run through this forum to see that CUE has MANY MANY MANY problems. Oh and for the record I can get CUE to work if all my resolutions match. The only problem is my Wacom 22hd tablet only runs at 1920x1080 and my dell monitors run at 2560x1440. Now I don't want to have to run my Dell monitor @1920x1080 because Corsair cant get there software right...... The one thing I have noted is that all those who have commented on this inc corsair tech support only seem to have tried this with a 1920x1080 monitor. Has anyone actually tried this with a monitor that can only do 1980x1080 and another that runs @2560x1440?

is both displays coming out of one or both of the displays.

Not sure what your asking here mate. Both my monitors are connected via one card on system one. On system two I have two gpu's (Titan X & 960) which I have 1 monitor connect to one card and the other two monitors connected to the other card. Both system are setup differently but produce the same results when is comes to CUE.

Okay so lets just say that there is a res problem.... why is it only cue showing this problem? I am a graphics designer/photographer and use my systems intensively don't you think by now I would have seen evidence that I had some kind of problem within my system. The only software posing any problems in my system is CUE... Cue doesn't do what's its meant to do which in my case the problem stands with CUE. Plus you only goto run through this forum to see that CUE has MANY MANY MANY problems. Oh and for the record I can get CUE to work if all my resolutions match. The only problem is my Wacom 22hd tablet only runs at 1920x1080 and my dell monitors run at 2560x1440. Now I don't want to have to run my Dell monitor @1920x1080 because Corsair cant get there software right...... The one thing I have noted is that all those who have commented on this inc corsair tech support only seem to have tried this with a 1920x1080 monitor. Has anyone actually tried this with a monitor that can only do 1980x1080 and another that runs @2560x1440?

So the answer to my question, then, is no.

You know, you could have simply said you didn't try running one at 1080 and another at 1200. I'm giving you the conditions I have, and trying to see if you can replicate the problem. I don't have any 1440 monitors, so I can't try your setup.

Further to that, you're talking about a Wacom, not a regular display. Those are handled very differently than a regular monitor.

I've never said this is your fault. I've also never said this wasn't CUE's fault. I'm saying that some combination of settings you've got set up is causing an issue that nobody else has seen with CUE. I'm trying to step through diagnosing the issue so we can help Corsair fix it. Stop being so defensive, I'm not attacking you. Your experience at graphic design and photography don't translate to experience in programming or in debugging a problem; wherein I do have this experience. I'm trying to help you solve a problem so you can work past the issue.

So the answer to my question, then, is no.

You know, you could have simply said you didn't try running one at 1080 and another at 1200. I'm giving you the conditions I have, and trying to see if you can replicate the problem. I don't have any 1440 monitors, so I can't try your setup.

Further to that, you're talking about a Wacom, not a regular display. Those are handled very differently than a regular monitor.

I've never said this is your fault. I've also never said this wasn't CUE's fault. I'm saying that some combination of settings you've got set up is causing an issue that nobody else has seen with CUE. I'm trying to step through diagnosing the issue so we can help Corsair fix it. Stop being so defensive, I'm not attacking you. Your experience at graphic design and photography don't translate to experience in programming or in debugging a problem; wherein I do have this experience. I'm trying to help you solve a problem so you can work past the issue.

Nothing special with Wacom tab.... Its a touch screen just like any other.... Like I mentioned I have TWO that's 2 systems setup differently with the SAME PROBLEM.... NONE OF THE SYSTEM SHARE ANY SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE THAT IS THE SAME Apart from the Corsair hardware..... and of course windows 10. And its IS CUE PROBLEM Corsair software team just not smart enough to find it....

Kinda weird, since I have made this complaint and pretty much dissed Corsair on these forums my password to this forum keeps changing. I having to reset my password once a day now.... Guess that's a problem with my system too right....
Just checked the logs, no one has accessed your account on the back end. If someone else other than you is changing your password either they keep figuring out your password, or you've got a key logger on your rig or something else is going on.

Just checked the logs, no one has accessed your account on the back end. If someone else other than you is changing your password either they keep figuring out your password, or you've got a key logger on your rig or something else is going on.

Thanks for your feedback but boi that don't make any sense... If I got a key logger on my system (where I bank amongst everything else) don't you think I'd be having my money stolen and seeing effects else where on other sites? Why would a hacker change just my Corsair password.

Archived