Corsair Community

570x V2 Shopping List Commander Pro

Anthonyc813

hello

for my new 570x version 2 (Type C) I saw all the charts and read many posts. Unclear over the RGB lighting strips though

Do I buy the lighting node pro w/ the 4 LED strips or just the lighting expansion kit and plug them into the Commander Pro?

going with:

3x LL120s (3 pak) w/ hub Front

2x LL140s (singles)Top*

1x LL120 (single) Rear

As per the chart for all this RGB goodness I need 2x LED Hubs and 1 COmmander Pro. 1 hub for the PSU shroud and front logo then 1 hub for al 6 LL fans. Do the light strips go into the Commander pro directly or the lighting node then into the commander?

the 1 chart I seen here that has the set up I want uses some custom made splitter which I am not doing.

TLDR

do i need the expansion light kit or the kit with the hub??

thanks in advance!

Hi buddy..

You would only need the commander pro.. the rgb fan led hub would plug to one of its led channels and the strips into its othere channel,, lots more info here.. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

1 last question:

iCue for all the new fancy hardware bits and LINK for an older h100i Extreme?

IF the H100i works.. its been in a box for 2 years.

1 last question:

iCue for all the new fancy hardware bits and LINK for an older h100i Extreme?

IF the H100i works.. its been in a box for 2 years.

sounds about right bud... good luck on your quest man... hope the coolers survived its long sleep..

Hi buddy..

You would only need the commander pro.. the rgb fan led hub would plug to one of its led channels and the strips into its othere channel,, lots more info here.. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

Thank you for your help, guy (im not your buddy, guy lol)

i went ahead and ordered everything this morning!

3 pk LL120

2 140s

CoPro

LED extension kit

may i add that I read many of your replies and threads on these forums. think some of the diagrams are off a bit... I cannot find a pic of 6 LL fans, 4 LED strips, 2 hubs and 1 CoPro. closest chart has that home made splitter cable..

i am doing 6 fans in the hub that comes with the 3 pak

that hub goes into the CoPro.

LEDs go in CoPro.

Case logo and PSU shroud go in 2nd hub.

this 2nd hub goes into the 1st hub?? this this daisy chain goes into the CoPro?

that should take care of everything I purchased right?

Yes mate... spot aside from.. aside from you cant daisy chain the hubs dude

I dont feel any of the diagrams are off as they are all sample diagrams.. there to give you the general idea of what can be done.. would be impossible for me to make one for every scenario ;)

Yes mate... spot aside from.. aside from you cant daisy chain the hubs dude

I dont feel any of the diagrams are off as they are all sample diagrams.. there to give you the general idea of what can be done.. would be impossible for me to make one for every scenario ;)

Soooo there is nothing for 6 LLs, 2 hubs, 4 LED strips and one CoPro??

OK read some comments on other websites... i DO need the lighting node... Not just an expansion kit. have to return the LEDs and re-order the full kit.

sigh.

To sum it up if you bought a 570X and want her to look as in the advertisement w/ LL120 fans, you need:

1 3 pack LL fans

3 single fans (cheaper)

lighting Node pro with LEDs

Commander Pro

stock LED hub for logo and sails and the other for all the glorious fans. then everything into the Commander

the pic in your detailed forum is great BUT it has a custom cable... something some people cannot make and it voids warranty as you warned. should update that thread for people that want the set up thats shown on the web page IMO.

suspect the below diagram was the one you needed to help you understand the system better.. was just a matter of exchanging the sp fans for LL fans...

this one was right above the diagram using a splitter.....

https://i.imgur.com/7HL8Ibb_d.jpg

as for then adding strips.. once you have an understanding of the system you then add in things like strips,, i just help you all understand the system :)

from my faq thread

Note. Fan Type does not matter in these Diagrams. the Wiring is the same across all 4 fan types (see Button Controllers in 'Some Basic Questions Answered' at the top of this thread for other connectivity details on these items and compatibility)

remember dude.. i am just user like your self that does this in my own spare time... its hard for me to cover everyones needs/understanding of this system.. sometimes i have to hope you can work these things out from the info i have given

Archived