Corsair Community

Corsair custom watercooling for corsair 280x case(recommend radiator)

Iam gonna buy the new hydro x series custom cooling from corsair for my corsair 280x case,

can i fit 2 rads in it ? which rad needs to be on front and top for cpu and gpu ?

Case 280x (398mm x 276mm x 351mm)

XR5 240mm (280mm x 120mm x 30mm) (Fin Spacing 16 FPI 25 Micron Copper Fins)

XR5 280mm (310mm x 140mm x 30mm) (Fin Spacing 16 FPI 25 Micron Copper Fins)

XR7 240mm (275mm x 120mm x 55mm) (Fin Spacing 13 FPI 25 Micron Copper Fins)

Which rads can i add to my case for top cooling perf., (corsair doesnt support my case on their site for custom watercooling but i think its still new so you guys can figure it out for me ?)

(all the fans will be ll fans)

(mobo asus rog strix z390-i,cpu intel 9700k,gpu 2080ti)

Well - the main problem with the 280X is placing the pump/reservoir combo. Do you have any idea where you're going to put it?

And the XR7 is going to be too thick - you might squeeze it into the bottom but it'd be tight and cover the bottom of your motherboard so really not a good idea.

Well - the main problem with the 280X is placing the pump/reservoir combo. Do you have any idea where you're going to put it?

And the XR7 is going to be too thick - you might squeeze it into the bottom but it'd be tight and cover the bottom of your motherboard so really not a good idea.

i use ITX mobo, i have a lot of room on the right side, only using 24pin cable that doesnt take up space there,only problem i get is rad fittings. i hope some corsair worker sees this and apply/ test there :))

do you think 2 XR5 slim 240's would fit to up and front ?( so its itx, i have also room on the bottom, but will the rad perform good at the bottom, i dont wanna do that way :/)

current case picture: ibb.co/CQrMDgg

Edited by Cemil2565

• Corsair Employee

Radiator options:

• XR5 240 on top and front

Not likely unless installing without fan on front radiator. As with your current AIO configuration.

• XR5 240 on top and bottom

Can work if the graphics card is one of reference design 2080 Ti, meaning it's normal width and occupies 2 slots.

Pump/reservoir options:

Very challenging. Most likely, you will not be able to fit the XD5 pump/res unit.

I'm providing dimensions of the unit withouth fan bracket as it clearly won't fit on one of fan mounting positions.

A = 201mm (+/- 3mm)

B = 87mm (+/- 1mm)

mqWfMJ4.jpg

Motherboard / CPU water block compatibility:

Sadly, the XC7 CPU water block won't fit to your asus rog strix z390-i.

Due to VRM layout on the motherboard, the CPU water block collides with capacitors and won't make proper contact with CPU.

Edited by Corsair GregX
CPU water block collides with capacitors.

Radiator options:

• XR5 240 on top and front

Not likely unless installing without fan on front radiator. As with your current AIO configuration.

• XR5 240 on top and bottom

Can work if the graphics card is one of reference design 2080 Ti, meaning it's normal width and occupies 2 slots.

Pump/reservoir options:

Very challenging. Most likely, you will not be able to fit the XD5 pump/res unit.

I'm providing dimensions of the unit withouth fan bracket as it clearly won't fit on one of fan mounting positions.

A = 201mm (+/- 3mm)

B = 87mm (+/- 1mm)

mqWfMJ4.jpg

Motherboard / CPU water block compatibility:

Sadly, the XC7 CPU water block won't fit to your asus rog strix z390-i.

Due to VRM layout on the motherboard, the CPU water block collides with capacitors and won't make proper contact with CPU.

Thank you for the information, i will try to do custom things to fit the pump, but XC7 waterblock is sad to hear that isnt compatible with my mobo :(

can i take the plastic cover off on this waterblock, will it be better?, if not, do you recommend another brand that will fit nicely with these corsair products?

i want to be all the things controlled by icue and rgb :)