Corsair Community

AM4 Screws from h100i do not work on ASUS X399, where can I find different screws?

jerrac

While installing the H100i v2 as described in this blog post, I was stopped when I tried to screw in the top two stand off screws.

My motherboard is an ASUS X399-A. If you look at the pictures you can see the top two holes for the stand off screws are very close to the plate that holds the CPU in place.

The collar on the AM4 screws runs into that plate. I cannot screw them in at all.

Is the AIO I bought compatible with TR4 sockets and Ryzen Threadripper? I checked AMD's page, and it lists "Hydro Series™ H100i v2" as an option. But, looking at the Amazon page again, I don't see TR4 listed there. So I'm worried I just didn't double check things well enough before purchasing...

If it is compatible, does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get it installed?

Do screws without the collar exist? I sure haven't found anything that looks likely after a few hours of searching.

Thanks in advance! Now, off to search some more...

The H100i v2 is not compatible with TR4 Socket. It does work with the AM4 bracket but the TR4 brack from Corsair only supports the Pro Coolers.

Threadripper CPUs come with a gen1-5 Asetek bracket in box, so I'm not sure what the OP is trying to achieve with the AM4 bracket.

Why are you looking at the AM4 guide? The TR4 bracket comes with captive spring screws, no standoffs are used.

Threadripper CPUs come with a gen1-5 Asetek bracket in box, so I'm not sure what the OP is trying to achieve with the AM4 bracket.

Thank you! I had completely missed that bracket when unpacking my cpu. I also didn't see it in any of the documentation I read while trying to find an answer.

Archived