The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 06:53 PM
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 576789
robandcathy Reputation: 10

actually true and not true, depends if I have monitors on usually I have 4 of 6 on so then I would not have a primary, being that both are being used at same time or all 6, (soon to be 8 lol) and if they are in SLI link mode, there shouldn't be a primary depending on which monitor im working on. If I had 2 graphics cards and one monitor then yes there would be a primary, but in my case that is not the case, but your more then welcome to prove me wrong, I might just learn a thing or two, who knows.

Last edited by Wired; 05-06-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: nuked image

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 577101
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

robandcathy
Proving someone wrong is not my goal here and it has never been that way, I am sorry that is what you feel or see. But that is not the case; let's get that straight up front...

And obviously I personally have not tested every possible combination not sure anyone could. But I will take your comments as an observation and noted.
When using multiple Video cards with multiple monitors I would expect to see the VIDEO demand higher on the Video card and monitor that is displaying the Link console. However that scenario has not been tested and it is not the common setup.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:45 PM
robandcathy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 577389
robandcathy Reputation: 10

I simply meant it as a figure of speech that you could possibly provide me with some additional insight, to something I may not have known or have not ran across. I was a bit ignorant and premature with my statement, I just take my setup for granted, forgetting that most have 1 video card. I can not imagine that powerful video cards would spike that much, seeing that it is a simple image that is redrawn, I mean nothing fancy what so ever, watching blu rays I have a 4% increase, but at same time I guess it will vary from card to card and each cards capabilities.

Old 05-10-2012, 02:57 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 577573
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

I would tend to agree with your last statement as I was surprised it was that high on some Video cards; but it is the Video GPU that is used that is going to determine the usage needed. Someone who develops Video cards can maybe explain it better than I could but it is basically how the Video draws line's, graphs and images. And they way Nvidia approaches these tasks is slightly different than the way ATI would approach the task so it stands to reason the different GPU's even from the same manufacturer that are made with a different core of GPU would display slightly different behavior. And I think that a card made to work with say 3D Modeling like 3D Auto Cad would not work as hard to display this type of information than say a Video card that is optimized to display High frame rates of a Video or Movie.