Corsairs Obsidian 500D SE Setup Advice and Diagrams

Zotty

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everybody,

I hope this is the right thread for this question. I recently bought the 500D RGB with another 3 ML PRO RGB and the 4xRGB Strips expansion kit. I cannot seem to get the RGB Strips to light up. It works very good with the Fans, but it could be that I am doing something wrong :). I followed the exact setup as mentioned above, I even used port 2 for the strips, selected 4x but nothing happens. Anyone had similar issues with such a setup? Many thanks and Cheers!

Hi buddy.. SE with a Commander Pro Right? did you add the strips in to 'Lighting Setup' section in the Commander Pro Tab in iCUE and also apply a Lighting Effect to them and indeed select the LED's on the strip in Lighting Channel 2 (in iCUE)

Hi buddy.. SE with a Commander Pro Right? did you add the strips in to 'Lighting Setup' section in the Commander Pro Tab in iCUE and also apply a Lighting Effect to them and indeed select the LED's on the strip in Lighting Channel 2 (in iCUE)

Hm...this is very funny. I decided to reconnect everything following your instructions and now it works!:D::cool:.Many thanks for the help! Now if I can only figure out a way to get iCue to sync the sequential effect on my corsair vengeance rgb pro, fans and H115i Pump it would be perfect:biggrin:

Thanks again!

Hm...this is very funny. I decided to reconnect everything following your instructions and now it works!:D::cool:.Many thanks for the help! Now if I can only figure out a way to get iCue to sync the sequential effect on my corsair vengeance rgb pro, fans and H115i Pump it would be perfect:biggrin:

Thanks again!

No worry's buddy... Lighting Link is prob bets place to start re synced effects ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks. I just finished my latest build using this case. I mounted the Gigayte Aorus 2080 Waterforce 240 radiator on the front of the case. Problem is, the bracket slots make it so that the fans are off-set to the left. How can I get the radiator centered on the radiator bracket? Did I mix up the front and top radiator brackets? I have a Corsair h115i 280 rad in the top slot. Edited by ProjectGSX

I fixed it. As I thought I mixed up the radiator brackets. The top bracket has the 120mm screw holes off-set. The front bracket has them centered. I put the front up top and the top in the front. After swapping them back to the right spot, the front fans are centered properly.

If you want to see pictures, the 570x radiator trays look the same as the ones in my case.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Crystal-570X-Front-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900038

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Crystal-570X-Top-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900037

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, first time poster here!

I am building a new PC based on this case, with an LL120 exhaust fan and H115i with two LL140 fans.

My questions about it are as follows:

Where to plug the three pin pump cable. Is there a difference if I plug it into the CPU_Fan header or into the Commander Pro? How about if I get a Molex to three pin adaptor and put it directly to the HX850i?

If I plug it into Commander Pro I will need to use a Y splitter on two LL fans, will Link/icue then recognise that they are two separate fans or send a duplicate message through the Y splitter that makes both display identically?

H115i USB connection, on the appropriate diagram you show the AIO being plugged into a mobo USB header, I was planning to plug it into the Commander Pro to keep the cables out of sight, is there a difference?

Sorry to make my first post a "help me!" shout out with nothing to offer to you in return, but thank in advance for the help!

hi buddy... its should go to CPU fan header... this is the best method as it stops your motherboard throwing a Fan Failure alarm.. yes this can be switched off in bios.. but would you want to?. it also reports Pumps RPM

and here is the same set up but including another 3 fans for a Push/Pull config on the H150i Pro

http://i.imgur.com/dMbVSozl.png

First time post, long time reader :)

Thanks for all your efforts to diagram different scenarios. My son (Freshman in high school) and I are building our first gaming PC. Case is the Corsair Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE along with the H150i Pro AOI cooler. Also purchased a 3 pack of LL120's to replace the fans on the H150i. We plan to run push-pull for the H150i, (2) LL140's at the top of the case, and (1) LL120 in the rear. The (3) fans that came with the H150i set to the side (not used, for now).

We've been reading all the forums and documentation, the diagram in your first post is excellent. Question, looks like the fans on the radiator, going to be LL120's, connect to the H150i while the front case fans connect to the Commander Pro. If this is correct, would the CPU temp determine the fan speed for the LL120's on the radiator only? If so, the fans in front of the case are connected to the Commander Pro and wouldn't be on the same fan rpm speed, correct? Meaning, front fans spinning at different rpm than the fans on the radiator, even though they are sandwiching the radiator.

Maybe I'm over thinking this, but wouldn't we want the front case fans and the radiator fans running at the same rpm when in push-pull? Thanks again, your diagrams have saved so much time.

Hey buddy... GLAD any info i have supplied as been of help :).. thanks for the feedback :)

RE' your question...

so.. the side of rad controlled by H150i and other side by Commander Pro...

in iCUE..

your h150i will be already set to react to liquid temp.. which is want you want given that's what you are trying to cool... it in turn cools the CPU..

as for the other 3 fans on the Commander Pro.... you make a custom fan curve that matches the curve from the H150i and you also tell that curve to react to the H150i liquid temp....

http://i.imgur.com/O4eQPWBl.png

screen shot is using a H115i Platinum.. pay no attention.. set up is the same.. you are just after the liquid temp.....

Edited by Zotty

hi buddy,.. yeah i use them.. got one on front fans intake... one on rad exhaust. one wedged in heat sink on gpu and other for general case/airflow temps...

Good to know, thank you.

I’ve put one measuring air intake temp, one measuring the temp of air entering the liquid cooling fan (directly over CPU) and one checking internal temp over the GPU (between front intake and exhaust).

I may put the final one under the GPU at the bottom of the mobo where it gets hit by intake but has no exhaust, just for a comparison. Unfortunately I can’t position one over my rad to check the exhaust temp as I have it top mounted, I feel that would be a telling reading.

Thanks for your help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an example of adding in a corsair i series Power Supply and a Corsair H150i Pro and connections to the Commander Pro

http://i.imgur.com/veQagHel.png

Zotty,

I recently purchased the 500D RGB SE and have a question about RGB / Fan configuration:

I plan on using the H115i RGB Platinum mounted at the top of my case as an exhaust (with the stock ML140 RGB fans), the 3 ll120's that come with the case as the front intake, and a single ll120 fan as my rear exhaust. I also plan on using a Corsair RGB expansion kit and the Corsair HX850i power supply.

Will the above diagram work for me and allow me to control the fans / RGB settings/ monitor power supply through iCUE?

Think this one would be yours buddy

http://i.imgur.com/ICBYkWkl.png

Running into problems setting up the RGB / fans. Seems my 500D RGB SE didn't come with the right cable to connect the lighting node pro with the commander pro. I can't seem to the find any cable that will connect the two... What does it look like? If I can't find it how can I buy a new one?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Edited by eamesj1

Running into problems setting up the RGB / fans. Seems my 500D RGB SE didn't come with the right cable to connect the lighting node pro with the commander pro. I can't seem to the find any cable that will connect the two... What does it look like? If I can't find it how can I buy a new one?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

you sure you are on about the Lighting Node Pro dude?... that Device has a USB and a Sata Power Connection....

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

that should have been already plugged in between the Commander Pro and RGB Fan LED hub that is supplied with that case.. if its missing then you need to contact support Edited by Zotty

that should have been already plugged in between the Commander Pro and RGB Fan LED hub that is supplied with that case.. if its missing then you need to contact support

Can you link me a picture of what the cable is supposed to look like so that I can make sure I do not have it before I contact support?

I apologize for all of the questions/requests but I am a serious noob. Thank you again for your assistance.