Corsair Community

No shutdown of keyboard

Mobby

I have connected the keyboard to my docking station (with both USB). It all works fine. But if I take my laptop out of the docking station, the K95 will turn on the LEDs (RGB-rainbow). I can only turn it off by disconnecting the power from the docking station.

How can I prevent the LEDs from turning on when I take the laptop out of the station?

Docking station is a Surface Dock, my laptop a Surface Pro.

Thank you for help!

Best regards

Raimund / Germany

• 1 month later...

Did this solution work even when the Surface is removed from the dock?

I have the same situation with a K95 RGB Platinum with Surface Pro 4 and Surface dock. I saved a blank profile to the first slot of the internal memory. When I disconnect from the dock the keyboard goes dark. But after about 10 seconds it still loads demo mode and shows a rainbow effect.

Is there a way to keep the internal profile active and prevent demo mode from starting? Or disable demo mode entirely? I tried hitting the ESC key, brightness key, profile key and nothing happened..

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same, IO solved the issue by disabling fast boot in Windows. Fast Boot keeps the USB ports of the device powered and with USB 3 it is enough powered to keep the keyboard on. After disabling Fast Boot in Windows, the issues where gone and keyboard goes off.

Please note, that after upgrading Windows to a new release, Fast Boot is enabled again.

How Disable Windows 10 Fast Startup

Please note, when using a black overlay, on the keyboard, the keyboard is still under power! So an overlay is not the solution.