Corsair Community

H150i fans with ll120mm fans question (Push&Pull)

cerbjk

Hello guys. Sorry my english bad. I used H150i cooling fans with 120LL. Those are need have to same speed when turning? I mean if I do balanced mode my 120LLs workin 50C 1500rpm 70C 2000rpm but my 150i fans work 30C %60 31C %80 and 34C %100. What I need do? And the rear fan how much need speed? Mine workin 1185-1200rpm all the time.

Most fans do not have a strictly linear PWM scale (1000 rpm max, thus 80%=800 rpm). So while ML and LL120 black have similar maximum speeds, the percentage in iCUE may be slightly different. Regardless, the % is not important and you should set the speed based on noise tolerance and cooling needs. You can assess the cooling impact of fan speeds by looking at the H150i Temp (coolant temp). Changes will be subtle and room temperature is a factor as well, but the difference between 750 rpm and 1300 rpm is likely a handful of degrees Celsius. Generally speaking for a cpu only wattage load, you won’t get a lot of return past 1200-1300 rpm. You can measure this for yourself, but don’t feel like you need to run maximum fan speeds.

Rear fans usually need to manage GPU waste heat and cool motherboard capacitors. There is no magic formula and any change is unlikely to alter GPU temp. You may see differences in case ambient temp if the exhaust flow is not sufficient, but mostly you are trying to balance your total intake air flow volume vs exhaust air volume. That is not a scientific calculation. Just estimate.