Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB not showing up in iCue

Chrisoman

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, hey!

X99 boards are not supported.

Not sure why the attachment is not showing up, but here is confirmation from Corsair about it in the link.

https://i.imgur.com/dJy4L20.jpg

That's not quite true.

The RGB PRO works fine on my Asus X99 Deluxe II, just as long as BCLK is at 100MHz (and SPD_WRITE is enabled of course). If you enable XMP and the BCLK is forced to 125MHz then iCUE loses communication with the DIMMs.

The workaround is disable XMP and ensure your BCLK is at the standard 100MHz, iCUE will then detect your DIMMs, set the lighting configuration you want and then re-enable XMP.

The only issue I found beyond that is animated lighting effects go out of sync between DIMMs in the absence of iCUE, but if you set a static lighting config there are no sync issues.

Alternatively, I found that putting the four DIMMs in the first four physical slots to the left of the CPU socket (as opposed to the first four logical slots which are grey) would allow iCUE to see and control the DIMMs. Downsides to this are it's an unsupported configuration according to Intel, and theres a good chance the RAM is only running in dual-channel mode. Not exactly the end of the world but I didn't buy a kit of four just to run in dual-channel mode.

As for the BIOS revision, I've wound back to the last 2017 version (pre Spectre/Meltdown) to see if any further issues appeared. Everything still works just as well as with the latest BIOS. Obviously the system is potentially vulnerable to these exploits but that's easier to live with than the performance hit introduced by the updated/patched BIOS (this system can be nuked and fully restored in under half an hour, a minor inconvenience if the system does actually fall victim).

Edited by DubSteve68

• 2 months later...

I was having the same issue of getting the ram lighting to work with icue. I accidentally found a solution that worked for me and might work for anyone else who is having this problem. My motherboard (Asrock B365M Pro4) does not allow you to enable SPD Write, so this is where I (and probably a lot of others) ran into problems. iCue knows you have ram in the dashboard, but wont let you get to the rgb customization. It recognizes my H115i ALO just fine though. My GPU is the Gigabyte varient of the RTX 2060, and the logo is rgb so naturally I downloaded the RGB Fusion software for gigabyte

This is where the fix comes in. When going through and setting up the rgb for my GPU, I noticed my ram was there. Funny enough, I can customize my RGB CORSAIR ram through GIGABYTE'S software. So if you cant get your ram to be detected in the iCue software, try out the Gigabyte software and it might be there. Sucks I cant get it synced, but at least I can get it to the colors that I want in static or effects.

Hope this helped some of you out, I've been trying to get this to work for hours and figured others are doing the same. Good luck finding another fix if this one doesnt work for you

• 1 month later...

After ordering a second set of this ram (CMW32GX4M4C3000C15) for my wifes computer, she has a Rampage V extreme mb. Nothing I did would make icue see this ram and let me configure the LED's. I enabled the SPD function in the bios, enabled and disabled xmp. Did everything the forum said to do. But absolutely nothing worked. Then I read a post about a guy who removed his ram, installed it in a friends computer and was able to see it in the icue software, configured the LED's and then reinstalled it in his computer, and it not only did the LED's work the way he wanted, but now icue saw the ram. So since I had two sets of this ram, I decided to swap it from my computer (which the LED's were configured) to my wifes. Well low and behold not only did the LED's flow the way I wanted, but icue now saw the ram. I am not sure why this is. I then installed my the new ram I purchased for my wife into my computer (rampage VI extreme Omega) and was able to see it and configure it as normal.

So it appears that in some cases if you can install the ram in a different computer and configure the LED's, you can then remove it and put it back in the computer it failed to recognize the ram in the icue software, and it should now see it. I am not saying this is a fix for all scenario's, but it might work for some. Hopefully this helps someone out there.