Corsair Community

Mouse polling rate causing huge lag

DiazTM

I have a Corsair scimat pro rgb and when the polling rate is set to 1000hz i have huge lag spikes , eg on osu! i would go from the capped fps limit of 240fps down to as low as 10 fps if i moved my mouse, tho if i change the polling rate to 125hz everything works fine.

Its the same with every game ive played.

Ive tried rolling back mouse and nvidia drivers but nothing has helped, the only way i managed to fix it was to uninstall my mouse drivers from device manager and replug my mouse but after reboot the problem came back again.

Even after factory reseting by unplugging it and replugging it back in while holding right and left mouse buttons my mouse at 1000hz still lags but now after the reset im getting no noticeable lag while at 500hz

This is what i get when checking my mouse hz on https://zowie.benq.com/en/support/mouse-rate-checker.html (see attached img) this is me CONSTANTLY moving my mouse, those 0 hz is when the website froze up completely which i believe to be due to polling rate , this doesnt happen at 500hz

unknown.thumb.png.b8d398f68afa2718c9361a3ac0302989.png

I remember an issue like this regarding Logitech mice and playing FEAR. The fix was to rename a DirectX lib in the game dir so that the game used the one in System instead.

For starters I would reinstall the June 2010 DirectX package.

I did nothing :/

Same problem here with my MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X.

I'm having a flickering effect with Paint and Adobe Animate CC when I try to drag horizontal scroll-bar with my Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB (and others mouses like Logitech G502 and Razer Naga). If I decrease the polling rate to 125hz the lag goes away.

This problem started on november 2018.

Is there a way to fix it?

I mean, it just sounds like your CPU is having trouble handling the higher CPU demand from the higher polling rates. There's really not much I can recommend other than running at the lower polling rates.

I only started to notice this problem at the start of the year so idk. I have ryzen 5 1600 so i highly doubt my cpu cant handle high polling rate , i think it has something to do with my drivers but i still havent been able to find or fix it

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...
To anyone in this thread, reference https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1007997&p=1007997 and https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190531 Go into BIOS settings under CPU and disable C3 states (if that doesn't work try disabling all C states). This will most likely fix the mouse polling rate lag

Have been searching this problem for a while.

I have an AMD Device and the C-STATES disable doesn't work for me.

I got the problem when ICUE opened and Discord overlay enabled.

500hz/2ms even not usable when discord overlay enabled.

It solved by switching the polling rate to 500hz/2ms and Discord overlay disabled, but having issue when I moving my mouse and scrolling same time cause the scroll response slower even not scrolling.

However when polling rate on 1000hz/1ms, I'm still having the lag issue when playing APEX.

Even ICUE was closed. Still having the lag issue when moving my cursor.

Very frustrated with this ****ty problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Have been searching this problem for a while.

I have an AMD Device and the C-STATES disable doesn't work for me.

I got the problem when ICUE opened and Discord overlay enabled.

500hz/2ms even not usable when discord overlay enabled.

It solved by switching the polling rate to 500hz/2ms and Discord overlay disabled, but having issue when I moving my mouse and scrolling same time cause the scroll response slower even not scrolling.

However when polling rate on 1000hz/1ms, I'm still having the lag issue when playing APEX.

Even ICUE was closed. Still having the lag issue when moving my cursor.

Very frustrated with this ****ty problem.

I've got AMD as well, you can read my new thread to see if anything helps you.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201397

I've got AMD as well, you can read my new thread to see if anything helps you.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201397

Thank you for your reply.

I thought it might be a bios, chipset driver problem or B450I just too weak, and considering to switch my spec to Viii impact with the new Ryzen 5000 series.

So even Crosshair VIII got this problem?

Your tips to reduce problem just like what I did.

But I really rely on discord overlay.

I would like switching polling rate to 500hz, but I can feel the difference when I scroll and move my mouse at the same time. The scrolling speed slowdown or even not responding.

And 500hz still lagging with ICUE and discord overlay.

If ICUE is not able to work, my dark core se just really a half dead device for me.

---------------------------------------------edit---------------------------------------------

Just noticed that moving my mouse also causing my system slow down when I try to open a folder or application, even not keeping ICUE in background.

So it may be a hardware problem I guess.

Edited by Murasaki

Thank you for your reply.

I thought it might be a bios, chipset driver problem or B450I just too weak, and considering to switch my spec to Viii impact with the new Ryzen 5000 series.

So even Crosshair VIII got this problem?

Your tips to reduce problem just like what I did.

But I really rely on discord overlay.

I would like switching polling rate to 500hz, but I can feel the difference when I scroll and move my mouse at the same time. The scrolling speed slowdown or even not responding.

And 500hz still lagging with ICUE and discord overlay.

If ICUE is not able to work, my dark core se just really a half dead device for me.

---------------------------------------------edit---------------------------------------------

Just noticed that moving my mouse also causing my system slow down when I try to open a folder or application, even not keeping ICUE in background.

So it may be a hardware problem I guess.

Hey, I no longer have the issue in the updated version of ICUE which was released recently, maybe it will work for you? I no longer stutter in games :)

Hey, I no longer have the issue in the updated version of ICUE which was released recently, maybe it will work for you? I no longer stutter in games :)

Nope, the problem getting even worse.

Do you getting scrolling problem when moving cursor at the same time?

I'm having scrolling problem on low polling rate, not able to scrolling smoothly.

I think I just received a broken dongle or my mouse wireless have broken.

This is my third time RMA mouse. The first time RMA it because my dongle is not able to switch polling rate. The second time is random disconnect.

I think I'm just a trash can. :(

Nope, the problem getting even worse.

Do you getting scrolling problem when moving cursor at the same time?

I'm having scrolling problem on low polling rate, not able to scrolling smoothly.

I think I just received a broken dongle or my mouse wireless have broken.

This is my third time RMA mouse. The first time RMA it because my dongle is not able to switch polling rate. The second time is random disconnect.

I think I'm just a trash can. :(

I don't get any scrolling problems whilst moving my mouse at the same time. I also plugged my dongle into a USB 3.0 socket because I heard it may need that.