Corsair Obsidian 500D SE

Zotty

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it would be nice to see some purchasing options like the 470x. a case with the RGB fans and a case without the RGB Fans so buyers can choose the price point that is relevant to their purchasing needs. I'm sure there will be many people who have a commander pro or LL fans by now and should be forced to have to pay for it again.

• 4 weeks later...
Been following this for awhile and scouring the internet looking for any response from Corsair but nothing, gave up this bs waiting game and the unprofessionalism from Corsair so I went ahead and ordered a NZXT case. WAKE UP corsair and realize you're driving people to other companies!

I totally understand where you're coming from, I'd probably feel the same being in the same situation. I do appreciate you standing behind our products, how I wish I could make a comment about this, unfortunately I can't.

Is there no one that works for Corsair that can acknowledge/respond to this issue? Why show something off then never talk about it again or keep people informed with what's going on..

Anything that is shown at CES is not a guarantee of delivery. It is more testing the waters of different concepts, just like a lot of concept cars at the Detroit Auto Show. Some systems that were shown at CES that have since come out have had some small changes as generally a lot of those systems are proof of concepts/prototypes. A case is just a case, I wouldn't sell my current case in anticipation of something that may or may not be released. All of the other companies do it to. Some companies release their products to big fan fare too early, screw up with no air flow and a lot of design flaws, then redesign it and re-release it a few months later. I won't mention any company names, but Gamer's Nexus has a field day with that one. Honestly I would be more upset buying a case only to find out it was lacking a lot of forethought.

Take CES concepts/prototypes with a grain of salt. Don't get your hopes up. If you want something more tangible, the best sign that something is a couple of weeks/months around the corner is when multiple tech tubers get their hands on early release samples.

Is there no one that works for Corsair that can acknowledge/respond to this issue? Why show something off then never talk about it again or keep people informed with what's going on..

I can tell you what is going on !

As you know the same thing happened with the 1000D. Corsair had problem with the curved tempered glass front, so they released the case with flat front glass instead.

They have the same problem with the 500D SE. In my opinion, they will be no SE version, because they can't mass produce curved TG. And they can't do the same treatement as the 1000D, because that would be considered as a crystal 570x with the flat front glass.

Only option corsair have is to used curved acrylic instead, but that would look very cheap, compared to TG. Unless they come with a solution to produce the curved TG, my opinion is there will be no SE version.

Take CES concepts/prototypes with a grain of salt. Don't get your hopes up. If you want something more tangible, the best sign that something is a couple of weeks/months around the corner is when multiple tech tubers get their hands on early release samples.

Exactly this!,, perfect reply :)

Been following this for awhile and scouring the internet looking for any response from Corsair but nothing, gave up this bs waiting game and the unprofessionalism from Corsair so I went ahead and ordered a NZXT case. WAKE UP corsair and realize you're driving people to other companies!

Yeah my exact thoughts, the wait is too long. I will be buying a different case unfortunately.

Is this case out yet? The 500D SE case is announced but it's not sold anywhere. I think it can be purchased through Corsair's official website but the cost for shipping is $20. Corsair please hook me up with Free shipping :)

Is this case out yet? The 500D SE case is announced but it's not sold anywhere. I think it can be purchased through Corsair's official website but the cost for shipping is $20. Corsair please hook me up with Free shipping :)

Show it as $24 shipping for me, though I did see a post on Reddit with these coupon codes that go till 7/18. At first I thought it was a spam or something, though I went to Corsair site and tried it and it says the code was valid. Second one was not valid.

CO0518-NFLY-XZ12-A16N <== Valid

The total out the door shows $237.44. If you want free shipping and pay $250, I bet they will work with you on that ;-)

Enjoy the case!

Show it as $24 shipping for me, though I did see a post on Reddit with these coupon codes that go till 7/18. At first I thought it was a spam or something, though I went to Corsair site and tried it and it says the code was valid. Second one was not valid.

CO0518-NFLY-XZ12-A16N <== Valid

The total out the door shows $237.44. If you want free shipping and pay $250, I bet they will work with you on that ;-)

Enjoy the case!

Does not work :(

Odd, showed valid a few minutes ago, now it doesn't 0_o. Maybe it was a one time use and someone saw it and beat you to the punch :(

Awww ok thanks anyway. If you happen to find another promo please Private message me the code. Would be wonderful. :)

so pissed about this situation, I've been waiting since CES and there hadn't been any news or a single update so I finally got a different case and had literally just finished my build then the very next night I see on FB that corsair finally announced it. They aren't getting my money now that's for sure

so pissed about this situation, I've been waiting since CES and there hadn't been any news or a single update so I finally got a different case and had literally just finished my build then the very next night I see on FB that corsair finally announced it. They aren't getting my money now that's for sure

You can't rush perfection

I got the Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB. A couple observations and questions:

The Corsair Commander Pro & the RGB controller were installed @ the front of the case ( infront of the power supply shroud). Is this normal? I thought people typically wire that behind the motherboard?

I'm scared of moving those units because it feels like they are cemented into place.

The other thing is that the wiring was wrong, they put fan 1 on fan 3 and vice versa. Not a big deal, I'll switch it when I get home tonight. The RGB is gorgeous through the glass :)

Otherwise I like the case a lot. It's very pretty and I get great airflow (though I might be a bad judge because my last case is 7 years old and had only one working fan).

I'm surprised there are no reviews of this case yet. One other thing I can't figure out... the hard drive enclosures have these rubber / metal pins that stick into the drive to hold them in place... a couple of them fell out & I couldn't figure out how to put them back in. Again, I haven't built in a long time so obviously things changed in regards to hard drive enclosures... maybe this is normal and I'm just being ignorant.

The Corsair Commander Pro & the RGB controller were installed @ the front of the case ( infront of the power supply shroud). Is this normal? I thought people typically wire that behind the motherboard?

I'm scared of moving those units because it feels like they are cemented into place.

The other thing is that the wiring was wrong, they put fan 1 on fan 3 and vice versa. Not a big deal, I'll switch it when I get home tonight. The RGB is gorgeous through the glass :)

Otherwise I like the case a lot. It's very pretty and I get great airflow (though I might be a bad judge because my last case is 7 years old and had only one working fan).

I'm surprised there are no reviews of this case yet. One other thing I can't figure out... the hard drive enclosures have these rubber / metal pins that stick into the drive to hold them in place... a couple of them fell out & I couldn't figure out how to put them back in. Again, I haven't built in a long time so obviously things changed in regards to hard drive enclosures... maybe this is normal and I'm just being ignorant.

Hi I just swapped my rig from a nzxt elite to this... so I thought I'd give you some of my experiences...

Yes the commander pro and fan hub are in the front, to move them I just pushed a flat headed screw driver up through the bottom vents and pried up the double sided tape holding it down, the fan hub is held down with a full size strip of tape I just pushed a pry tool under it and with a little pressure... POP!

The pins and rubbers are fairly simple too, just slide the rubber through the opening bu folding it then push the pin in

Yeah, my exact thoughts! They should have just left the commander pro and node alone. That preinstalled placement is pretty bad in my opinion.