Corsair Community

Corsair HS70 - Hiss / Background noise (FIXED)

hello everyone!

i've found a thread from someone with the same problem but it's 6 months old and directs the user to technical support.

so i made this one for people with the same problem as me and hopefully it comes up in search results.

i just got this headset to replace my old Vengeance 2000 and from day 1 i had a constant noise coming from the headset.

it's only noticeable when no sound is playing.

today i finally found a solution!

i went into iCue and disabed the Sidetone slider and the noise is gone!

Sidetone is the option the hear what the mic is capturing. in my case i don't even have the mic plugged in so it was just sending static noise to the headset.

i don't know if this is fault or just how it works but i hope this helps other with the same problem!

TL;DR: Go to HS70 settings in iCue and disable Sidetone slider

• 1 month later...

When I have the headset connected but no sounds playing i hear a slight static in the left ear only. If i play a video or gameand pause it the static is quieter then a second or two later it gets louder and stays that way till i play the sounds/video again. I've tried different ports on the computer for the receiver. I've tried different computers all together. But its really bugging me and im not sure what to do.

I just bought on Amazon.com. I tried reinstalling firmware for headset.

When I plugged in the charger the sound comes more from the right side.

Headset's volume level does not affect static noise. Please help me...

• 2 years later...
Hey future people! the fix that worked for me was switching the wireless thing that plugged into the computer from the front panel usb ports to the ones directly on the motherboard, took the hissing away for me.

Hey future people! the fix that worked for me was switching the wireless thing that plugged into the computer from the front panel usb ports to the ones directly on the motherboard, took the hissing away for me.

Tried this method too, I have VIRTUOSO RGB SE and nothing works for me... when iCUE is uninstalled everything works perfect. I tried methods from all over the forum. Feeling sad, I have this headset only for 3ish months..