Corsair Community

H100i v2 + 570X?

ar1

I do realize that another thread similar to this has been posted, but that doesn't really help my question.

I am looking to build a PC soon with the Corsair 570X case, and I wanted to cool the CPU with a H100i v2, but I heard that the Vengeance RGB RAM is too tall for the H100v2 + SP Fans to fit on the top mount. Moving it to the rear I considered, and moving to the front of the case would just be a waste of airflow from the 3 fans in the front. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

--ar1 :cool:

Hi buddy,, welcome aboard....

i have that exact set up.... mounted in the front works just fine and temps and air flow are fine...

FFT8k93.jpg?1

i have the dominator platinum ram in and i reckon the rad and fans would fit up there.. just wouldnt be able to do push/pull....

Edited by Zotty

no worrys buddy :).. like i said.. its fine in the front.. all though.. i do have 10 fans (11 counting the psu,, will be 12 when corsair release a 360 AIO) lol.. air flow shouldnt be an issue hahaha.. and tbf. only the 2 inner fans on the rad and the rear exhaust fan run constantly.. using the commander pro i have the rest set to zero rpm when cpu is under 50c which is most of the time... ambiant room temp is always 25c and cpu at idle is 29c.. liquid temp at 28c. gpu at 35c Edited by Zotty

• 2 months later...

@ar1,

Maybe it's a little bit late but in case someone else have the same question I'll give a picture to help you.

I'm rockin' H100i v2 on the top with the default SP120L fans and Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8 3000MHz and I fit it perfectly, but when I want to remove the fans I need to remove the RAM before.

If you want to push/pull - You just can't.

-csCjhPcQ9Wj7ccSu583vQ.png

• 2 years later...

hi bud... had the H150i in the front of the 570x for near 2 years,, works fine.. all rad fans as intake.. i also had the upper fans as intake. single rear exhaust.. this config works real well for that case.....

http://i.imgur.com/fDspRzCl.jpg

but to throw a little something extra into the mix...

how that case is today...

http://i.imgur.com/doFgqPzl.jpg

they said a 360 wont fit up there...... does so... lol

hi bud... had the H150i in the front of the 570x for near 2 years,, works fine.. all rad fans as intake.. i also had the upper fans as intake. single rear exhaust.. this config works real well for that case.....

http://i.imgur.com/fDspRzCl.jpg

but to throw a little something extra into the mix...

how that case is today...

http://i.imgur.com/doFgqPzl.jpg

they said a 360 wont fit up there...... does so... lol

Hi, thats beyond me at this moment :eek: You seem to keep changing I see you know no longer use the 2 bottom placed fans,

I just plan to have 360 AIO at the front I was also wondering to have the top 2 fans as intakes and just have 1 at the back as exhaust

did you measure temps when you had top 2 fans as intakes compared to them being exhaust ? guess I could try measure temps trying both shouldnt be too much work just turning them around

Thanks

Edited by uscool

Hi, thats beyond me at this moment :eek: You seem to keep changing I see you know no longer use the 2 bottom placed fans,

I just plan to have 360 AIO at the front I was also wondering to have the top 2 fans as intakes and just have 1 at the back as exhaust

did you measure temps when you had top 2 fans as intakes compared to them being exhaust ? guess I could try measure temps trying both shouldnt be too much work just turning them around

Thanks

Morning buddy.

my advice is run the 570x as all intake aside from the single rear exhaust.

i didnt measure the difference but i can confirm that running the 360 in the front with the upper fans also as intake has the system as a whole running cooler than any other config i have tried with the added bonus of next to no dust and fluff in the case due to lots of positive pressure.

Morning buddy.

my advice is run the 570x as all intake aside from the single rear exhaust.

i didnt measure the difference but i can confirm that running the 360 in the front with the upper fans also as intake has the system as a whole running cooler than any other config i have tried with the added bonus of next to no dust and fluff in the case due to lots of positive pressure.

Thanks mate, should get the 360 rad today and will try will try top 2 as intakes and exhaust and compare temps just very interested to see difference :D: