Corsair Community

H115i Platinum: USB reconnect every now and then, lighting goes crazy

momorious

Hello,

Users that are experiencing this issue. If you have a ticket, can you please PM them to me?

Hi,

I haven't made a ticket for this since i came across this forum post an reckoned you would see it :)

Should i make a ticket for the issue?

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

h115i Platinum User here. Experiencing same problem.

New computer, fresh install. Got everything up and running, installed all my hardware's associated applications and finally began installing some non-essential programs.

As soon as I installed Steam, the problems began. Got USB disconnect notification, connect notification, and reconnect notification. Finally, the USB entry for for the H115 Platinum crashed along with the iCUE service.

At the time, thought my monitor's USB hub was the culprit. May still be some kind of conflict there. Anyway, couldn't resolve the issue and running a 9900k with a pump without some kind of fan control (when it defaults to quiet) is not... ideal. Decided to roll back to a fresh install and go through each step more carefully.

Install #2 proceeded as normal. Until I installed Steam. When the Steam Service started, USB disconnect sound played, lights on fans and pump of the H115i Platinum went berserk. Haven't installed the drivers of my monitor yet, which includes the USB hubs built into them, so I don't know if I'll get the full crashing of the AIO's usb connection or not yet. Saw this thread... apparently I'm not alone.

I have no idea why Steam would be a contributor here, but with 2 separate installations on my PC it there was a direct correlation without any delay. As soon as STEAM's services started, the problems began.

Edited by RisenStar

h115i Platinum User here. Experiencing same problem.

New computer, fresh install. Got everything up and running, installed all my hardware's associated applications and finally began installing some non-essential programs.

As soon as I installed Steam, the problems began. Got USB disconnect notification, connect notification, and reconnect notification. Finally, the USB entry for for the H115 Platinum crashed along with the iCUE service.

At the time, thought my monitor's USB hub was the culprit. May still be some kind of conflict there. Anyway, couldn't resolve the issue and running a 9900k with a pump without some kind of fan control (when it defaults to quiet) is not... ideal. Decided to roll back to a fresh install and go through each step more carefully.

Install #2 proceeded as normal. Until I installed Steam. When the Steam Service started, USB disconnect sound played, lights on fans and pump of the H115i Platinum went berserk. Haven't installed the drivers of my monitor yet, which includes the USB hubs built into them, so I don't know if I'll get the full crashing of the AIO's usb connection or not yet. Saw this thread... apparently I'm not alone.

I have no idea why Steam would be a contributor here, but with 2 separate installations on my PC it there was a direct correlation without any delay. As soon as STEAM's services started, the problems began.

Interesting, I have Steam installed as well (what gamer doesn't!?).

Waiting to see if it happens with v3.10!

It bears repeating that it was not just that I have Steam install, but that the disconnect/crash of iCUE and related services coincided with Steam's startup of it's own program (and related services.)

I know that correlation does not equal causation, but this was a repeatable, predicable pattern on 2 separate installs for me. It's curious, to say the least.

It bears repeating that it was not just that I have Steam install, but that the disconnect/crash of iCUE and related services coincided with Steam's startup of it's own program (and related services.)

I know that correlation does not equal causation, but this was a repeatable, predicable pattern on 2 separate installs for me. It's curious, to say the least.

I found that if I restart iCue application after my machine loads (after Steam loads too), the lighting resets and is OK afterwards. Are you able to confirm this happens for you as well?

Hello, just joined to chime in that I have the same cooler as the OP and have the same disconnecting issues. Closing iCue stops the disconnecting. The disconnecting seems to happen more frequently while in-game btw. On desktop it still happens but just less frequently. I see a new version of iCue came out today I think. I'll update and see if the issue is still there after update. Btw, I am indeed up to date on all firmware too.

Not fun reading this after purchasing the h115i Platinum. :-(

This is serious and I assume Corsair has highest priority on solving this otherwise this will of course affect both the reputation of this aio and Corsair in general.

I have been noticing USB connect or disconnect sounds from mine too but wasn't aware of the serious effect like you guys are describing. I am sporadically using steam as well for pupg, 3dmark and rocksmith.

This is probably a more general high priority issue thus it becomes a little strange here asking for support tickets, should be very easy to reproduce for Corsair themselves?

Questions: Are you guys still having these issues after latest upgrades? Is a workaround disabling any rgb colour cycling, will this solve all the issues??

Edited by makatech

Yes I still have the issue and I am in Contact with Corsair James to help to find the root cause of this extreme bug issue.

Workaround for now is to avoid any kind of "moving" lighting. So no arc, no rainbow etc. Just static color actually works.

Great, this workaround is a good one for me, using static color is fine, thanks. :)

This issue should be highlighted (a sticky) until it's solved.

Questions: It's not possible changing to static color as default setting when booting the computer, right?

It will only change to static (if choosen) after iCUE is loaded in Windows?

Is it possible disabling rgb lightning feature totally by unplugging a connection on motherboard?

I'm thinking about trying a setup controlling everything through bios/uefi and not using iCUE at all.

Edited by makatech

I found that if I restart iCue application after my machine loads (after Steam loads too), the lighting resets and is OK afterwards. Are you able to confirm this happens for you as well?

On this install, yes. That seems to work (but if the lighting is cycling I may get another crash).

On the previous install, restarting the service with Steam (and the USB hub on my monitors as aforementioned) was only a momentary win, with a crash being 100% on the way. This was before I stopped using any other lighting effects (via the software) other than Static.

The hardware cycling seems to cause no issue... but that's only a thing after iCUE has crashed.

Questions: It's not possible changing to static color as default setting when booting the computer, right?

It will only change to static (if choosen) after iCUE is loaded in Windows?

Is it possible disabling rgb lightning feature totally by unplugging a connection on motherboard?

I'm thinking about trying a setup controlling everything through bios/uefi and not using iCUE at all.

You can use iCUE to set the hardware defaults on the 115i Platinum, once it is loaded.

Just keep lights at static per iCUE and it seems to avoid most issues thus far.

You can use iCUE to set the hardware defaults on the 115i Platinum, once it is loaded.

Just keep lights at static per iCUE and it seems to avoid most issues thus far.

Hmmm, great, guess I missed this, where is the setting which also will change hardware defaults? Because right now it only changes to static after iCUE is loaded/started in Windows.

Edit: Sorry, I found the setting now. :-)

Edited by makatech

I'm new to the Corsair world.

Question: Is it possible running Corsair Link instead of using the iCUE software for the H115i Platinum?

If iCUE currently is having an annoying bug or two for H115i Platinum then why not using Corsair Link until iCUE stabilizes?

Edited by makatech

Hmmm, great, guess I missed this, where is the setting which also will change hardware defaults? Because right now it only changes to static after iCUE is loaded/started in Windows.

Edit: Sorry, I found the setting now. :-)

1) Select device in iCUE.

2) Look under "Lighting Effects." Expand that dropdown.

3) There are 3 categories: a) Lighting Effects (Which is when iCUE is running and OS is loaded) b) Lightings Library and c) Hardware Lighting (which will run when PC is booting or if iCUE crashes).

I'm new to the Corsair world.

Question: Is it possible running Corsair Link instead of using the iCUE software for the H115i Platinum?

If iCUE currently is having an annoying bug or two for H115i Platinum then why not using Corsair Link until iCUE stabilizes?

Cant speak for everyone, but LINK doesn't seem to do much but report fan speeds for me. After trying to get it to work, I went with iCUE because that's the supported software per Corsair's download page for the Platinum.

It's my understanding that the Platinum is designed to work with iCUE, though I'd love to be proven wrong there.

Cant speak for everyone, but LINK doesn't seem to do much but report fan speeds for me. After trying to get it to work, I went with iCUE because that's the supported software per Corsair's download page for the Platinum.

It's my understanding that the Platinum is designed to work with iCUE, though I'd love to be proven wrong there.

Interesting, maybe Corsair LINK isn't fully supporting H115i Platinum? Otherwise LINK could have been a great temporary alternative until this (or these?) iCUE issue is solved. I got a comment from a H150i Pro RGB user in Sweden explaining he only is using LINK, not iCUE.

Edited by makatech

"AFAIK, we're the only two that have seen it."

Nope, mine is also messed up.

Worked like a charm for weeks and yesterday decided to stop all RGB.

Tried connecting via the commander pro, direct on the mainboard, no commander pro connected, commander pro connected, bios reset, fresh win10 on a new drive but nothing.

RGB ring on the block stopped working even though the controller SW sees the i115 without fail :(

I have h100i rgb, and having exact same issue. But it usually happens when I'm running games. I hear fan's rpm gets faster, then I hear the sound of windows USB device disconnected as well as the fan's rpm gets slow down. My cooler USB is connected to the commander pro. It still happens even I connect the cooler USB directly to the motherboard. I already disabled Q-Fan via BIOS, and I tired all I could, but it is still happening. I'm reading what people posted in this forum, and thinking it is more likely either driver/software problem.

P.S : it became worse after I updated iCUE software to the newest version(3.10.125).

I got myself H115i RGB Plat. And yes I got the USB disconnect sound all the time(every 2 mins). Returned it for a new one. Same prob.

Then I thought check forums. it's just too much of a coincidence of it happing twice.

No problems with static colours. However rainbow wave seems to trigger it.

I got myself H115i RGB Plat. And yes I git the USB disconnect sound all the time. Returned it for a new one. Same prob.

Then I though check forums. it's just too much of a coincidence of it happing twice.

No problems on static colours. However rainbow wave seems to trigger it.

Rainbow wave and all other moving lighting effects like Arc are triggering this issue. It's a software bug, we have to hope that Corsair will fix this quickly, otherwise this pump would make absolutely no sense at all over the normal cheaper non platinum version when we can only make static color...