Corsair Community

CORSAIR Obsidian Series 1000D Now Available!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thinking about upgrading to this one and keep the 780T case for a back up. What size radiator can you put in the 1000D?

All of them.... lol...

seriously though.. up to 2 480mm's in the front and the same up top some even have 240mm in the back

specs page says

Radiator Compatibility 120mm; 140mm; 240mm; 280mm; 360mm; 420mm; 480mm

the front 8 x 120mm tray fits up top also and they sell that tray as a spare.

It comes supplied with 3x140mm tray up top..

Can also purchase a 4x 120mm tray and a 2x200mm tray lol

All of them.... lol...

seriously though.. up to 2 480mm's in the front and the same up top some even have 240mm in the back

specs page says

Radiator Compatibility 120mm; 140mm; 240mm; 280mm; 360mm; 420mm; 480mm

the front 8 x 120mm tray fits up top also and they sell that tray as a spare.

It comes supplied with 3x140mm tray up top..

Can also purchase a 4x 120mm tray and a 2x200mm tray lol

Thanks Zotty for the information. How would someone up just to say install three radiators to the motherboard? Just to say I have the MSI X99A godlike motherboard.

Edited by tearsimmortal

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Corsair,

Do you plan to refresh your other Obsidian PC cases? I don't like the idea of my HDD's being mounted vertically like in Obsidian 500d SE and Obsidian 1000d is indeed one of the most beautiful PC Cases ever created, but it's too big and too expensive. For me something between Obsidian 500d SE and Obsidian 1000d would be a sweet spot. But sadly it seems like you ditched Full-Tower segment completely.

• 1 month later...
Anyone been able to find the 4x120 tray:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cases/Obsidian-1000D-4x-120mm-Fan-Tray/p/CC-8900177

its out of stock and i cant find any vendor even listing it.... Without this there is no good way to install the H150i :(

Did you ever get one? I'm doing a new build with the 9900k and I got the 150i. Running into the same problem you have right now. Its kinda weird that Corsair makes the top only for 140 mounts when they have no triple 140mm AIO coolers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dear Corsair,

Do you plan to refresh your other Obsidian PC cases? I don't like the idea of my HDD's being mounted vertically like in Obsidian 500d SE and Obsidian 1000d is indeed one of the most beautiful PC Cases ever created, but it's too big and too expensive. For me something between Obsidian 500d SE and Obsidian 1000d would be a sweet spot. But sadly it seems like you ditched Full-Tower segment completely.

I also think that should be something in-between the Obsidian 1000D and the Obsidian 500D.

I want to buy an E-ATX motherboard, and would like to buy the 500D but it can't fit the E-ATX, so I can only go for the 1000D which I absolutely love, but I'm afraid is too big.

Please Corsair. I love the look of the new obsidian. Please make a similar 700 or 800, or something else that could fit a E-ATX

I am having issues mounting the radiator for the corsair H150i pro in the new obsidian 1000D case. The hole patterns on the top tray do not match the radiator. Do I need to order a new tray that will fit it or do I need to go with another cooler model. This is a third attempt to install radiators with no luck. Any recommendations?

Thanks zotty. I'm new to forums and didn't realize I skipped over all of the previous post until after I hit send. I ended up just going and buying the EK Liquid 360 starter kit.

It has everything I need to get started with my liquid system. It's been an interesting learning curve for sure. Less a few fittings and plugs, it's ok for a basic starting kit for the price.

I didn't care for the solid black water lines so I purchased some red lines for substituting. maybe it will work out nicely. We shall see soon.

For those who are eying this case.. It is a very busy case. Most of it is newer technology that is very intimidating to the rookie. Lots of learning challenges. One was fighting the front fan bracket being installed at the manufacturer backwards. After I correct the orientation, things moved smoother.

Lessons learned, if it doesn't look right, think outside of the box. :bigeyes:

As my wife is building her new "Pimp her Ride" PC with the Obsidian 1000d. Wanted to get the 4 x 120mm fan tray for the top as we are using the H150i CPU cooler which use 3 x 120mm fans. AS the 3 x 140mm fan tray do not work to hook the cooler too. But can not find it anywhere and not available on Corsair site. Just want to know if it will be available anytime soon.

SKU CC-8900177

Obsidian 1000D 4x 120mm Fan Tray

• 2 weeks later...
It's up and running finally. I do have a ton of questions about the fan plug in spots and the wiring set up. Notice the three fans on the bottom left front panel not lit up? I have plugged them into plugs I know work and they will not come on for some reason.

2143507443_IMG_57751.thumb.jpg.a0ac305c085b265ac763b7322a4d560f.jpg

It's up and running finally. I do have a ton of questions about the fan plug in spots and the wiring set up. Notice the three fans on the bottom left front panel not lit up? I have plugged them into plugs I know work and they will not come on for some reason.

How have you got them set up? from the CoPro --->RGB hub--->? From my understanding you would need 2x rgb hubs to have them all running correctly. then you would need to tell iCue which fans they are on the second channel.

Just noticed your front fans are being used as exhaust drawing air through the rad from the inside of the case. Im not an expert but it may be wiser to turn your fans around?