Corsair Community

Issues with RMA

Zer0c

One month ago I bought a TX750M PSU from an online shop of my country. Finally today I received my i9 9900k and I installed everything. The PSU always makes an annoying coil whine, even in idle, it's not really loud but it annoys me, what annoys me the most is what happens after i turn off pc, cause the coil whine continues for some time even when the PC is off. As I said the noise is not so loud, but i hear it clearly and it's annoying for me, cause I'm very sensitive to noises like that and I can't focus while working. Also I take it as a sign of poor manufacturing and I can't accept that from Corsair.

I was wondering if the RMA is possible, and also if it would be accepted. But I have a huge problem, I need to work on that computer and I can't be without it, so I was wondering if I could RMA directly through corsair instead of going through the shop where I bought, since I would have to send my stuff to them, and then they would have to send it to corsair, it would take too long and as I said I need to work with it. I can provide the proofs of payment and that I bought it 1 month ago.

I someone can help me cause I don't know what to do honestly. I would have never expected that from a Corsair product.

• Corsair Employee

Hello Zer0c,

If you do your RMA through us we can offer an Express RMA (ARMA) where you can put a deposit on the product. We will send you the product first and then once you receive the item, you would send us back the defective one and we will release the deposit back to you.

Also do keep in mind that I am just letting you know about the ARMA, but there are some areas that we cannot perform an ARMA. I do not have your ticket number to check your location so please do understand that I am not making any promises.

Best,

Wootaru

Hi, thanks for the reply. I made a request (Ticket #814559)

The deposit would be fine by me, I could make the deposit through DEBIT card (visa) or paypal (not credit card as at the moment I don't have one)

I don't have the original box of the psu tho, I would have never imagined to have problem with a Corsair product, so I didn't keep it. Is that a problem?

I live in Italy, please let me know if the Express RMA (ARMA) is possible.

About my issue, except the regular whine during usage, I even have this issue, that when i turn off the PC, as soon as it gets off the PSU starts making this noise, and even after few minutes that the PC is off, I can still hear it, the only way to stop it is to turn off the power switch from the PSU. This is an example, recorded from my phone so the audio isn't that good, but at 7 seconds after i turn off the computer u can hear the whine clearly

https://streamable.com/1m776

Thank you! You confirm that the issue I have is eligible for RMA right?

The power-off issue I recorded in the video that i posted above, and also the "background" coil whine i have, for example when i open a folder sometimes i hear the whine changing frequency. And my system doesn't even have a gpu atm, i'd expect the whine to be more loud with a gpu and under load.

Anyway I'll send the money asap (here it's night right now) so you can proceed with the ARMA. Thank you guys.

Hello. I received the new PSU, and I sent back the old one.

I didn't know the PSU included these two connectors until i saw them after receving the new PSU (here's the picture https://i.imgur.com/ah5SO6O.jpg) so i forgot to send them back, I wrote it on my ticket as well. I can pay them, making another shipping for these two worthless connectors is not worth it i believe, but if you want me to ship them back i can do it as well. What you recommend me to do? I'm a bit worried cause it was an ARMA and I'm scared they won't give me the money back now cause i forgot to send back these two connectors.

I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience and i'm willing to find a solution.

• 2 months later...

Archived