Corsair Community

ML120/140 Working Fine Until Restart

Doombot1

Hello!

A week or so ago, I purchased 3 ML120 and 3 ML140 fans. I have them connected to a lighting node pro, which in turn plugs in to the USB header on my motherboard. I also have them connected to a PWM controller manufactured by a different company.

Basically, the fans worked perfectly fine when they were installed. But, upon restarting my PC, they stopped working. They were still spinning, so no problems there, but I could not get the RGB lighting to come on. The node pro does not show up in iCUE. I know iCUE works, though, because I have a K70 RGB MKII that does show up and is configurable, like normal.

I was able to fix the issue (temporarily) by turning off the PC, unplugging the USB header from my motherboard (the one going to the Node Pro), starting my computer, turning it off again, plugging the USB header back in, and then turning everything on again. But, that only works until I restart the PC again.

Obviously, I don't want to have to open my case every single time I restart my computer, and its kinda disappointing to have spent $250 on fans, just for this to happen... So, does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening here?

Thanks for the help!

~Doombot1

Archived