Corsair Community

Corsair H80 Fan Issue/Question

Symbian

I am using the Asus Maximus V Extreme motherboard with the H80, and it starts to randomly run faster, then starts to slow down. It does the from time to time.

Now the guy that built my PC for me did put the fans for the cooler on other fan ports than the actual ones denoted for the CPU. Would this make a difference? Or will they still operate as they are supposed to?

Also is the issue with the fans speeding up for no reason, then slowing down normal for the h80 units? If not any ideas on how to resolve the issue. My temps seem to be alright. Hasn't gone past 55c while gaming and live streaming. So that seems alright there.

Thanks

I installed the Ai Suite 2. And loaded up the Fan Xpert 2 software.

These are the rpms im seeing.

CPU : 2100rpm

Chassis 1 : 310rpm

Chassis 2 : 340rpm

Opt Fan 3 : 500rpm

I am using the HAF X Full case, with default fans on the case. Also default fans on the H80 atm. I tried locating the actual fans used but could not locate the actual model so not sure the specs. That is for the case fan specs that is.

Any ideas what they are, and if these results are normal?

Would it benefit overall temps to replace these fans? It seems with my case the fans are as so, 1 x 120mm, 2 x 200mm, 1 x 240mm. But with the location of my coolers radiator, I believe it takes the place of the existing 120mm fan, so 2 x 120mm fans on the h80.

If so, any recommendations on what fans are the best in performance, but also quiet for all 3 fan sizes.

Not sure the actual config of the fans, will check tomorrow and post. But if I had to go on memory, One fan is plugged into the pump and the other is in the fan controller on the mobo.

• Corsair Employee
Not sure the actual config of the fans, will check tomorrow and post. But if I had to go on memory, One fan is plugged into the pump and the other is in the fan controller on the mobo.

Are you using the stock H80 fans? Just curious why one fan is connected to the MB and one on the pump. Both fans needs to be connected to the cooler so you can control them via profile button on the pump. If the fans revs up and down while the system is idling, I'd suggest that you reset the fan controller;

To reset the firmware, use the following procedure:

1. While the computer is running, hold down the profile button for approximately five seconds

2. Wait one minute, while the unit continues to run

3. Shut down your computer

4. Press and hold the profile button for five seconds while turning on the power to your computer.

Archived