Corsair Community

Fans RGB not working after installing H115i platinum & 4 LED strip to Commander PRO

PuppyPR

Posting here, I opened a ticket on 01/22/19 but so far no one has contacted.

The Commander Pro and the Corsair Fan LED hub came with the Obsidian 500D RGB case I bought (And 3 LL fans).

The 3 fans in the front and one additional LL 120 fan that I bought were working well. But after installing a H115i platinum cooler and a 4 LED strip, both fan 3 and 4 stopped working (the RGB LED lights, the fans motor operates as intended).

Port 1 and 2 works, when I switch for fan #4 (fan located in the back of the case as exhaust) to port #1 or #2 in the Corsair Fan LED hub. Fan #3 is NOT WORKING at all on any of the ports (Shorted because of the H115i or the LED lights?).

I tried to get everything back to normal, not plugging the H115I and the LED strips but is still not working.

• H115i USB port was connected first to the motherboard, now is connected to the Commander Pro USB Port.

• The Corsair Fan LED hub is connected to the Commander Pro LED 1 port and the 4 LED light strips are connected to the LED 2 port.

• All the 4 LL fans are connected to the Corsair Fan LED hub.

• The ML fans are connected to the H115i.

• iCUE software is the latest version 3.11.114

• H115i firmware is the latest and also was forced update to 1.00.33

• Commander Pro firmware is the latest and also was forced update to 0.8.210

To summarize,

• One of my LL fans RGB LEDs (Fan #3 in the front bottom) are not working at all.

• Other fan works but the Commander Pro only recognizes 2 ports (port 1 and 2) in the Fan LED hub).

• Everything was working Ok until I installed the H115i and the 4 RGB LED strip (installed at the same time).

Barcode on the back of the case is 099118389711

20190122_094939.thumb.jpg.35cc6e2b4234065eb9e35f8890e7c92a.jpg

1559717207_commander2.thumb.PNG.374fba62e588ae32151674d0cd759903.PNG

1075937910_commandersettings.thumb.png.d628025ede5c3bf37e6412c4f9b49857.png

commander.thumb.PNG.1a36b23bf32b09dce226799815b340c6.PNG

dashboard.thumb.png.2ca83325bcbd4f3c57e3b44a3a575610.png

2072806833_h115i2.thumb.PNG.62a76be31bfd315ca918874d51f73ba1.PNG

1988646997_h115isettings.thumb.png.df0d818189192e43da932b5be30cafa8.png

h115i.thumb.PNG.ebb63aa3b73b2c33be8d6b9cfb7e65ed.PNG

It looks like at least some LEDs are working on the front fan labelled as "not working". Is that the case? Are you sure that, when you installed the strips, you didn't switch the Lighting Channel - the fans are now in Channel 2 and the strips in Channel 1?

The other scenario is that Fan 3 is bad. Now ... you mentioned moving it around. Did you, specifically, swap fan 3 and fan 4? As for the installation of the cooler - that's not likely to have any impact at all on the fans. Correlation is not necessarily causation.

• 4 weeks later...
It looks like at least some LEDs are working on the front fan labelled as "not working". Is that the case? Are you sure that, when you installed the strips, you didn't switch the Lighting Channel - the fans are now in Channel 2 and the strips in Channel 1?

The other scenario is that Fan 3 is bad. Now ... you mentioned moving it around. Did you, specifically, swap fan 3 and fan 4? As for the installation of the cooler - that's not likely to have any impact at all on the fans. Correlation is not necessarily causation.

I got the new Fan hub, the problem still persists.

No LEDs on FAN 3 works as previously stated. (Fan LEDs are definitely bad).

I swapped all fans to test them in the Fan Hub position 3, 4, 5 & 6 without success, they work at 1 and 2 (with the exception of the bad fan)

So, from 4 LL Fans, the LEDs of one doesn't work, and for working fans placed at hub position 3,4,5,6 there is no light. Could it be the Commander Pro instead of the Hub?

Hello, I would like to know if anyone knows how to solve or troubleshoot my problem. Obviously is not the LED FAN HUB, I tried 2 of them now. I think the main problem is the Commander Pro.

The Commander only sees fans 1 and 2 (LL FANS) and I tried with both Fan Hubs. Fans can’t be seen in position 3,4,5 and 6. I rotated all my fans, all my 3 fans work (one of them is bad, there is one small dent in the LED cable).

I think the issue is the Commander Pro. This problem started after the H115i and LED strips installation.

I spent: Obsidian case $250 + H115i cooler $170 + extra LL Fan $25 + LED strips $40 = $485 on Corsair product because I thought they will be plug and play, compatible and play nice with each other. So far this has been a bittersweet experience, I love my case and how everything looks, but I want my 2 other fans working as expected.

Now I even discovered that the from USB ports of the case doesn’t work, and all cables are installed correctly, but this is another issue for another ticket.

You have to tell iCUE how many fans are on the channel. It doesn't auto detect them. And they have to be in order. You can't put it in 1, 2, and 4. It has to be 1,2,3.

I know, I already did that. I did extensive troubleshooting. It might seem as stating the obvious but with these things you never know. I appreciate the input. Thank you.

the rgb led fan hub can only take 1 type of fan.Example if you are using LL fans for the 500D RGB SE case you can only insert those type of fans in that fan hub.This is becuase the fans are from different families,they may all be from corsair but have different outputs so you cannot use 4 LL Fans and 2 HD fans(The CPU cooler fans).You either change the LL fans into HD fans or vise versa.Or the other option which is what i would do i buy another RGB LED fan hub to use for the cooler on its own(For the HD fans).This way the amount of money payed for the 3 LL fans won't go to waste

the rgb led fan hub can only take 1 type of fan.Example if you are using LL fans for the 500D RGB SE case you can only insert those type of fans in that fan hub.This is becuase the fans are from different families,they may all be from corsair but have different outputs so you cannot use 4 LL Fans and 2 HD fans(The CPU cooler fans).You either change the LL fans into HD fans or vise versa.Or the other option which is what i would do i buy another RGB LED fan hub to use for the cooler on its own(For the HD fans).This way the amount of money payed for the 3 LL fans won't go to waste

Actually, you can put different fan types in the same hub/channel (with the exception of SP) and it'll work. Control, however, will be off.

I have HD and ML on a single channel. As well as ML and strips on a single channel. It all works even though controlling them isn't quite straightforward.

The ML fans from the H115i cooler are being managed separately by itself. And then the H115i is connected via USB to the motherboard. As per Corsair user manual. The H115i works flawlessly. Is respond well to iCUE for pump, fans speed and LED changes.

I'm trying to figure out what our current status is here.

You said this:

• Other fan works but the Commander Pro only recognizes 2 ports (port 1 and 2) in the Fan LED hub).

So ... this would seem to indicate that you've not configured the lighting channel for the correct number of fans. The CoPro has 2 Lighting Channels but they don't auto-detect what's on them. You have to supply that information. Based on your screen shots, you've done this. So that statement has me really confused.

It also sounds like we have 1 fan that is Known Bad. Is that accurate? The rest are working fine?

I'm trying to figure out what our current status is here.

You said this:

So ... this would seem to indicate that you've not configured the lighting channel for the correct number of fans. The CoPro has 2 Lighting Channels but they don't auto-detect what's on them. You have to supply that information. Based on your screen shots, you've done this. So that statement has me really confused.

It also sounds like we have 1 fan that is Known Bad. Is that accurate? The rest are working fine?

I changed the numbers of fans in the lightning channel accordingly as I was testing them. I just put the screenshot of my original configuration, 4 LL fans, for ticket purposes. Sorry for the confusion. But yes, I know the iCUE/Commander combo doesn't auto detect and you have to input the configuration manually. Thank you for brainstorming with me.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived