Corsair Community

Asus P7P55D-E Pro and CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 errors

flatlander

Sorry if this is a repeat as i am seeing double going through the forum. Assembled this with i7-860,corsair 750tx, gigabyte hd5850,cmx4gx3m2a1600c9. I added another set of the XMS memory cmx4gx3m2a1600c9 to get 8 (1 stick in each slot) and it ran ok for about 2 weeks of mw2. Suddenly started getting blue screen memory errors. I took out the set of XMS that i purchased later making sure to keep the pairs that were shipped as pairs and not mix them. I am now running on the original pair and still getting memory errors. I ran the memory test from asus and windows and I am getting no errors. Did I screw up with this set for this board? It said it was compatible. Not certain what to do. Should I purchase differant memory for this board? I wasnt going to OC but should i mess with something in bios to get it stable?

Pre thanks for the help.

Mixing of RAM even of the same part number is never recommended or guaranteed to be compatible or work together without issues per the Memory Upgrade Guide in my signature.

You can try manually changing the RAM latency timings in your BIOS to 11-11-11-30 2T and see if this will eliminate the issue.

thanks for responce. i did change to 11 11 11 BUT didnt see 2t setting. saw a 2n setting. guess i should install the other 2 sticks to see if this is going to work. what about to voltage? also any suggestions on replacement mem? 8 gigs + is what i am after.

Archived