Corsair Community

Corsair Survivor GTR 32GB consistently fails with I/O errors at same location.

George Edison

I recently received a Corsair Survivor GTR 32 GB flash drive as a gift and decided to try it out by copying about 7GB of photos to the drive. Unfortunately, after about 2GB was copied, the transfer was aborted and the flash drive was immediately dismounted. The light on the drive flashed continuously and the only way to make it stop was to unplug it and plug it back in again. I have tried reformatting it with different filesystems (FAT32, NTFS, exFAT, Ext2) but I run into the same problem with each of them.

I originally thought the problem might be with the Linux mass storage driver or something, so I posted a question here: http://askubuntu.com/questions/31307/why-cant-i-copy-a-large-number-of-files-to-my-usb-flash-drive

As mentioned in that question, I have tried plugging it into different ports and I have tried using different operating systems. Ubuntu's Disk Utility comes with a performance benchmark tool and I tried running that. Each time, it reported an I/O error (like "Error writing 5677056 bytes at 3416145920 to /dev/sdc: Input/output error"). The area it reported the problem with was about the same each time.

I am considering RMA'ing it since it seems like the drive is defective, but I don't know what options I have considering the drive was a gift. Can I still get it replaced? I don't have the plastic from the packaging, but I have all of the parts including the cardboard insert.

• Corsair Employee

When you ran the application did you run it as an Administrator?

If you did not please try it again even if you are logged in as Administrator it will not work unless you right clock on the program and select RUN AS Administrator.

If you have done that and its still not working then please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to provide an update for this...

I received the replacement in the mail today and quickly put it through some testing. I am pleased to report that the new drive works flawlessly and is just as fast as ever.

Thank you for replacing the drive!

Archived