Corsair Community

ASUS P5B Deluxe and corsair cm2x1024-6400c4

jeneralzod

Hello all, I know this is probably an old question problem. What are the proper settings for this MB and Memory to work. I have had issues since day 1 where running programs initially would have no problems, but as I continue to run more programs eventually a critical error would occur. I would then not be able run any applications, even if I closed the other running applications. All I would get is the audible "critical error" sound. I have set the memory timings to 4-4-4-12 and voltage to 2.10, Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!:eek:

The memory settings are:

memory remap: Disabled

Configure DRAM Timing by SPD: Disabled

DRAS CAS# latency: 4

DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 4 DRAM Clocks

DRAM RAS# Precharge: 4 DRAM CLOCKS

DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge: 12 DRAM CLocks

DRAM Write Recovery Time: 5 DRAM Clocks

DRAM TRFC: 42 DRAM Clocks

DRAM TRRD: 10

Rank Write to Read Delay: 10

Read to Precharge Delay: 10

Write to Precharge delay: 15

Static Read Control: auto

CPU frequency: 266

Dram frequency: 800 MHz

Memory Voltage 2.10

All other voltages set to Auto

• Corsair Employee

Not sure what you are asking???

But the setting would need to be disabled when running a memory test mostly with ASUS MB's when that is enabled it will shadow some information to active memory and some memory tests will interperet that as a memory error.

• Corsair Employee
Please make sure that you have the latest Bios version and then load setup/optimized defaults and set the Dim Voltage to 2.1 volts and Change ‘Write to Precharge delay’ in the BIOS (same page as for latencies) from default 10 to 15 and set the tested settings set manually and then test the modules again with the Voltage set to 2.1 Volts! Then test with http://www.memtest.org to be sure! In addition, with some MB's (Mostly ASUS) you have to disable legacy USB in the bios when running any memory test.

I have set all the timings you mentioned earlier and disabled legacy USB in the BIOS prior to running memtest. I have 4 modules, I have tested all the modules individually. Modules 1,3,4 have passed with no problems. Ran the test with module 2 and memtest failed on three consecutive tests. My setup is now running fine without that susceptible module 2. No lockups or access violation errors like before. I received an e-mail that only modules can be replaced in matching pairs. I noticed that the first 2 modules have consecutive serial numbers of 54361 and 543462, but 3 and 4 do not (2381875 and 2381880). I prefer to just change the first 2 rather than have my setup down for days.

• 2 months later...
I know It's been awhile since my last post to this problem. I received the "new" RAM and the problem persists. Sometimes I get "The instruction at "0x13479bd7" referenced memory at "0x0000058". The memory could not be read. Any new input or suggestions are greatly appreciated.:confused::confused::confused:

• Corsair Employee
That might suggest a driver problem or a BIOS setting, what is the complete system config and the BIOS settings you have set? And have you tested the system with http://www.memtest.org and where exactly do you get that error, when running a specific application or doing a specific function or playing a game?

The error message occurs usually with internet explorer. But like before after running applications (other than ie) for a few hours or letting the PC idle I cannot open any more applications. Say 3 apps are open, I then play some mp3's. Give it half an hour and the computer will give me the audible "critical stop" continuosly until I close out 1 application. Little by little as time progresses I have to close each suceeding apps or I cannot open a new one. Eventually I am stuck only being able open one task. I then need to reboot and the whole process starts all over again.

• Corsair Employee

Also I just noticed you mention in one of your posts that you had 4 modules???

And if so with 4 modules you may need to set the memory frequency at DDR667 and set the memory Voltage to 2.0 Volts and set the NB/MCH Voltage to +.05 Volts as well.

Archived